Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 truck body for 9 1/2 grand? WTF?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 21, 2004.

1. crazy, I think for the first time since forever it's cheaper to be a rodder on this side of the atlantic. Granted, it takes a while to find a 32 3-window over here, but of the 3 guys that I know that found one recently, nobody payed over 2 grand, that was for complete, running (though "needing restoration"), stock 32's.

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

How can you have a problem with someone who comes right out and states why he is doing something and admits to not having the time or talent to do this himself. I suppose it would be criminal for someone who wanted to be a pilot not to build his own airplane and teach himself how to fly. The Wright Brothers already broke that ground, the rest of us have to take the LOGICAL path to that goal or forever be grounded.
    To all of the whiners, buy a bowling ball, a set of golf clubs, or a fishing rod and get on with your life. The price of EVERYTHING is ALWAYS set by what someone is willing to pay.

Frank

3. metalshapes

metalshapes

[ QUOTE ]
    You know I don't know why you guys always are busting the gooch's ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure his ass is beeing busted.
    He is on a quest to find out the true market value of all the rare deuce parts, and people have discussions with him.

None of this affects me, mine is just a lowly 5W.
    And if some parts are out of my league, or at a price that I cant justify (like garnish moldings), I will make something or do without...

If I see something for sale that is out of my league or overpriced, I will not be the buyer of that part or car.
    But if I was, I would not whine about it.( or brag about it )

I have no idea what I spend on my cars, and I plan to keep it that way...

4. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Hey, if you think this is bad, consider the idiot who paid $2 million for a '70 hemi 'cuda! Last year at NSRA Nationals some guy had two very rough '32s, one was a roadster and the other a coupe. The coupe went for $25k and the roadster for $30k. Things are getting crazy.

5. trey

trey

holy crap, thats gay! i dont care how much money he has into it, thats nobody's fault but his.

i like how he has had all these offers, but no bids. odd.

trey

6. That seems to be one of the first thing guys want to know any more metalshapes does it have the granish mouldings there getting harder to find and pricey. How about some pics of your five window metalshapes. What are you missing in mouldings some or all?

7. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Right now it is too much but what is funny is some time in the not so distant future that is going to seem cheap [​IMG]

8. metalshapes

metalshapes

Me and Hot Rod Ron bought 2 '32 5W bodys at the same time, from the same guy.
    I have not posted about mine because all I have done sofar is pay for it and drag it home.
    That does not mean I do not care about it, a '32 5W is the car I have always dreamed about, but I thought it was too late for a guy like me to ever own one.
    And I already have spent a lot of hours looking at it and planning how I am going to build it.
    A Street Rodder saw it the other day and said " You like the rough projects, huh??"
    I told him " No, I bought the very best I could afford..."
    Which I guess is sort of my point in the last post...
    I'll see if I can post a Pic of it later.

9. JohnnyB327

JohnnyB327

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey, if you think this is bad, consider the idiot who paid $2 million for a '70 hemi 'cuda! Last year at NSRA Nationals some guy had two very rough '32s, one was a roadster and the other a coupe. The coupe went for $25k and the roadster for $30k. Things are getting crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

and the funny thing is that the 32 ford was NOT the original hot rod, everyone just thinks it is. The people that buy these might follow the "crowd" and go "traditional"
    then when they realize they fucked up a 32 ford they'll be pissed cuz they invested that much money in it and when theyre done paying the rod shop the "traditional" fad will be over and then they'll be pissed cuz it has rust spots that they wont have any more money to fix because they can do it for themselves and it wont look good in the trailer. Hot roddings almost like a business cycle.........
    I hope to hell that made sense because i dont remember anything I've said and I'm too lazy to figure out what i typed. Also getttin drowsy from sleepin pills.......

Johnny

10. azratrod

azratrod
    from Az

ive never been on jalopy journal befor. but i herd that it was a cool site. but that there were alot of bitchers and moaners. right off the bat i saw "gooches" replys. stop your whining guy! ive seen the truck in person. its a sweet little ride. ive built and have had t's a's and a few 30 somethings. im a die hard rodder. hell i even have a 48 willys jeep. and a 65 bug. does that make me any less a rodder. this guys name isnt boyd. he just doesnt have the time or talent to build a ride. every one has been in that spot befor. in stead of crying about what you dont or cant have. do some thing about it. ive got houndreds of parts stashed here in az. ill sell them to any one who wants them. if you dont want to pay what im asking, than find it your self. i buy and sell parts to keep up with my own projects. if you dont want to pay for the steel. than you could go buy one of those fiberglass t bodies out of speedways catalog. hell maybe ill buy the damn truck, drop a 49 flatty in it and see you all at vlv in march.

11. trey

trey

first of all, i would like to say, rat rods rule!

second, tell us more about your bug. everyone here really likes bugs!

[ QUOTE ]
    instead of crying about what you don't or can't have, do something about it. i have hundreds of parts stashed here in az. i'll sell them to anyone who wants them. if you dont want to pay what im asking, then find it your self.

[/ QUOTE ]

we are doing something about it. we aren't buying overpriced crap.

hell, i have a firewall for a 29 dodge. i have a lot of work into it too. hows $850 sound? sure, its not rare, or desireable, but its worth that to everyone, right?

its just like spending $20k to restore a pinto. it's just bad policy.

trey

12. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I apologise for actin' like a newbie and bringin' an old thread back to the top but I was searchin' the archives and found this...:eek: He's talkin' about me!:D This thread got me started readin' the Hamb, and 6 months later I joined. There's some funny shit here...glad I've become more thick skinned! BTW...I did sell the truck for 10k.:p

13. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

TOOT TOOT!!! Like clockwork!

14. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

:p I had forgotten what an ass I was before I got 'Saved'...:D

15. JimA

JimA
    BANNED