Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Roadster Frame without reveal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky Mike, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Yes I remember 'Lil massaging the reveal out of the rails. I did not think that removing the reveal enhanced the looks of that car. He could have made a frame from rectangular tubing or flat plate for about the same amount of work, since he hacked off the front horns anyway.

3. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As tight as ol' Hank was, I don't think he would have made ANYTHING that wasn't absolutely necessary to the safety of his cars.

4. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lil John was a really great fabricator and designer, but I agree with you about that reveal removing. All that work, but no positive change

5. clem

clem

Read 3 pages of nonsense, so gave up reading the rest. For what it's worth, maybe nothing, early ( possibly prototypes) 32 frames had no reveal. Not many made apparently.

6. redo32

redo32

The Lil' John story I remember seeing he was heating a length of rectangular tubing that was clamped to a bench with an engine block setting on the other end for weight to curve the tubing. Might have been the frame for his 3 window, I don't think it had a revel either. Now that I've opened my mouth and got me to thinking I'll do a search. I'm sure I have the magazine but most are buried in the attic and surfing the net is fun tech.

7. Mr. Rehor = David G

8. Thanks