Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 Roadster Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTaulbert, Mar 7, 2011.

1. NealinCA

NealinCA

Cory - The car is looking great! Sid's work looks real nice, I am looking forward to seeing it in person.

If you come down the 101...stop by. Atascadero is right on the way.

Neal

2. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

This car is freaking awesome! It just keeps getting better and better. Man, I'll swap you a beat 50 Ford c-dan for it? Please?

3. Love the shape & color of the top!
    Again.....the interior is PERFECT!!
    GREAT job Cory.

4. Killer32

Killer32
    from California

Siickk looking roadster,,,and siickker interior!!!
    Congrats..

5. x77matt

x77matt
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i hearby nominate this America's most beautiful roadster. The interior work is just stunning. cant wait to see this in person!! Corey, this car is amazing!

6. mr 32

mr 32
    from france

7. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Cory, the top and interior look fantastic as does the whole car. Sid has the eye and is one of the best on the West Coast. I live in LA and can tell you the drive down the I-5 is very boring but is much quicker than the 101. If you have time I would drive down the 101 as you are closer to the ocean and some pretty scenery. You could stop at any of the following:

Monterey Pebble Beach 17 mile drive. Lots of hot rods in this area. Maybe you could meet up with them for a lunch or visit their collections. Canepa has a nice showroom full of hot rods and they are high caliber like yours. He has a website Canepadesign.com

Seabright hot rods is another small shop in this same area. Website is Seabrighthotrods.com

As you head toward LA, starting with Paso Robles and ending in Santa Barbara there are many traditional builders along the way and lots of great cars. Many groups have lunch spots daily they attend with their hot rods. I am sure most read this message board and will be glad to give you a tour.

Once past Santa Barbara you could visit many of the Ventura County hot rod shops or lunch groups. They all would appreciate your beautiful car. I write a daily blog about hot rods and will post the info if you let me know what dates you are headed this way. I would recommend you stop at Hollywood Hot Rods and show them your car. They build some really nice traditional cars and are very gracious hosts.

I have been following your build and putting some of your photos on my site. Pewsplace.com. You have the eye for my style of car.

I look forward to seeing you and the car in person. If you need any information let me know.

Lynn

8. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

9. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Looks soooo good ….. Hope to see it there

10. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Thanks for the comments everyone. We're anxious to pick the car up, drive down to LARS, and meet you guys too.

11. 64 Thunderbolt

64 Thunderbolt

Love the build. Very nice ride!!!

12. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

Wow. The top and interior look fantastic.

13. 34hemipu

34hemipu

U win man ! That is the # 1 Bad ass !!

14. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Here's a few of the car outside today......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. bonesy

bonesy

I can't get enough of it.

16. Great looking 32!

17. Deuce_Eddie

Deuce_Eddie
    from Portugal

Absolutely gorgeous... one hell of a result! Congrats, Cory!

Cheers, Eddie

18. Here's a few of the car outside today......
    most excellent, bet you cant wait to drive it down to fathers day.
    Al.

19. @CTaulbert: Lov your car!!! Question, how did you run your headlight conduit for the bucket? Did you go through the frame or the grille shell? If you have pictures, that would be great.

20. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

holy sheet, atsa nice

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

I don't have a good photo of how I did it - and the car isn't here right now so I can't get you one unfortunately. My headlight stands are made from a stock headlight bar. I cut the ends off just outside of the mounting cups. I took those ends, mounted them to the frame, and bent them forward (because they mount just about next to the shell) and down so that the cross bar would be in the stock location in the fore/aft direction of the car (just a lot lower). I welded that cross bar with the cups back in (to keep the stock headlight spacing), then cut the cross bar out afterward.

Since those end pieces lean forward, I drilled a hole straight down (actually started from the mounting side) between the mounting holes of the headlight stands. The hole comes out just behind the mounting cup for the headlight, and I have a very short section of asphalt loom covering the wiring there. The wiring exits inside the frame out of sight too.

Hope I made some sense with that.......

22. That does make sense. Thanks.

23. sota

sota

Just a BITCHIN ROADSTER!!!

24. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

So Cory
    I looked all over the place for the car and finally found it parked in a fenced off courtyard apparently attending a wedding in said courtyard ….. Dude did you get married at the LA roadsters show??????

It looked great from 100’
    Greg

25. Hands down, my favorite 32 Roadster!

26. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Finally got to see the car Sunday parked under the trees on the way out of the show. OUTSTANDING

27. NealinCA

NealinCA

Cory - It was good meeting...even though it was brief leaving Walden's. The guys with me could not believe your car was flathead powered. It does sound great!

I was hoping to get a closer look at your car on Saturday...but I understand with things being a little busy that day. Congratulations BTW!

Neal

28. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Greg - we did get married at the museum Saturday. I only had the car at the show early that morning before I had to get back to the hotel to get ready. I think I talked to you Friday at your booth....I told you that you had dropped my axle, then I asked about drilling an another axle that I plan to send out your way this summer.

29. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Thanks Gary....sorry we didn't get a chance to meet in person

I looked for you Saturday morning, but I was in a hurry so I must've missed your booth. I'm glad we got to meet at Walden's though.

30. you should definitely be proud of your work. The car came out great.