Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 pickup

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by drmrman, Aug 5, 2014.

1. MY freinds 34! picture004.jpg

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  2. Nice pickup and has me motivated once again.

waxhead likes this.
  3. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1414265408.868512.jpg I like them too!

Posted using the Full Custom MUNDSTER app!

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  4. Test Osterone

Test Osterone

This pick-up is a bit of a collection of parts. Bed is most likely from an "A" along with the tail-gate and that is just fine since the overall proportions seem to fit better with the shorter bed.

Original engine is long gone and replacing it is a '37, 60hp flat-head that has been completely rebuilt a long time ago. Transmission along with the rear end all appear to be original to the truck.

This is the oldest vehicle in our collection but not the one we have owned for the longest period of time. That honor goes to the '62 Vette that was purchased in 1970 which is the year of our graduation from High School.

Purchased the '32 in 1973 from my FIL. The truck sat untouched for the next several years while completing a tour of duty in the Army and stationed in Frankfurt, Germany. A lucky young man to be sent to a non-combat zone during the last phases of the Vietnam conflict.

Was pleasantly surprised to find this thread devoted to the '32 Pick-Up trucks. Have always said that the '32 would be a retirement project and have been retired now for 5 years with many projects started and few if any completed........ "When I grow up, going to fix that bad habit!"

Plan is of this writing, is to return the truck to the road. Not sure yet if there will be a theme, like military or a local utility service truck, but will be part of the fun going forward.

Open to all suggestions and tips/tricks to get this one back on the road.

Thanks for reading and looking at the pictures.

Best,

Test.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. What's there looks to be in good shape! :cool:Good Luck with the rebuild. As for suggestions, do what you like and don't stop till it is on the road. Or sell it to me!:rolleyes:

6. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

7. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I really don't want to make you guys mad but, why is everyone highjacking Drmrman's thread? He has the best looking truck on it.

"I need my mirror boy"

8. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love Drmrman pick up . We have owned a couple of 32 34s but do not intend to post pics on his thread.

9. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

thats why...

Runnin shine likes this.
  10. drmrman

drmrman
    from new Jersey

No sweat! Love seeing all these sweet trucks!!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. FANTM58

FANTM58

what the Hell is on the front of that 1s gen Camaro in the rack ???
    And Sweet Truck !!!!

12. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Just wanted to tell you that your thread, and Ryan's post on TROG, really complement each other. A joy to follow each. Thank you.

Posted using the Full Custom MUNDSTER app!

13. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

A massive tree grew up thru the front bumper and another thru the trunk pushing the tank up out of the way. The two trees then lifted the Camaro up on it's side! Had to cut down both trees to extract it.

Runnin shine likes this.
  14. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I would assume that you've burned through a set of rears by now, no?