Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Pickup Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salt Flats Speed Shop, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Would you sell the Michelins you've got on the back? .....oorrrrrrrr, what size are they? I'm looking for the perfect size radial for my truck, the proportions are spot on!!!!
    How tall and what is the section width as well as the tread width....THANKS

OH. I dig the truck......give it more rake though!

2. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I would actually like to sell those tires. I will have to get the measurements later when I get back to the shop.

Thanks

3. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I havent realy been working on the pickup lately. Ive got the 36' 3 window that I am working on durring the day. Then at night and on the weekends I am going to be doing a 32' 5 window and 32' roadster for trade work.

I got part of my log manifold. So for now I just got the carbs set in place. It totaly changed the look of the car for me.

<table border="0" width="1024" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="http://w667.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2k2NjcucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy92djM2L1NhbHRfRmxhdHNfU3BlZWRfU2hvcC8xOTMyJTIwU2hvcCUyMFRydWNrLzg0LmpwZw%3D%3D" width="1024" height="768"/></td></tr></table>

<table border="0" width="1024" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="http://w667.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2k2NjcucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy92djM2L1NhbHRfRmxhdHNfU3BlZWRfU2hvcC8xOTMyJTIwU2hvcCUyMFRydWNrLzg1LmpwZw%3D%3D" width="1024" height="768"/></td></tr></table>

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  4. Crazy Horse

Crazy Horse
    from Arnold MO

All I can say is WOW!!!!! Bitchin truck, love the way it looks man

5. Southfork

Southfork

Looks like you've got several great projects in the works --- or at least in line. Where's your shop at anyway (address)? What are your normal business days/hours? PM me if you want, cause I'd also like to stop by.

6. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I worked over the weekend on sanding the metal on the cab. Just trying to get her to shine :) I also got the grill and headlights mocked up.

<table border="0" width="1024" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="http://w667.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2k2NjcucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy92djM2L1NhbHRfRmxhdHNfU3BlZWRfU2hvcC8xOTMyJTIwU2hvcCUyMFRydWNrLzg4LmpwZw%3D%3D" width="1024" height="768"/></td></tr></table>

7. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

its lookn good maybe i will give you a call and stp bye over the holliday if your going to be around

8. HotRod33

HotRod33

Great looking truck....Do you have a picture of the complete frame......?

9. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Looks really good.

10. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I might, but it will be on my shop couputer. Ill see tomorrow.

11. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Very much enjoy seeing your progress threads. Do you have a website, myspace, etc. where the bulk of your work can be viewed?

12. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

lift that rear a bit...looks to good to be sitting with such a silly stance.

13. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I'm currently in the process of re-doing my web site. Hopefully it will be up soon.

14. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Thanks, but im not building a muscle car so I prefer it level across the ground.

15. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i was thinking a little rake, not stink bug. still looks nice, so I will forgive you :D

16. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND

Interesting build, I'll be followin' this!

17. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I know I was just joking with ya :) I have played with some rake, and when I lift up the rear end the bed looks wierd, like its to skinny. With these square cabs I realy like them level with the ground but if I was building a 36' truck I would have it on a rake for sure.

18. kisam

kisam

I would like to see some pics of the frame build if you have them?
    Thanks,
    Kathy

19. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Here is a picture of the rear section up to under the cab, and the next is of the front.

I now have lots more bracing in the frame section under the cab.

My plan is, once I start tearing the pickup down to get things painted, I will weld in lots of gussets all over the frame in all the kick up areas. Just to make sure to take all of the flex out of the frame.

The frame rails are 1/4" thick exept for the front frame with the holes. I even thought of making a bolt in frame part that runs across the bottom of the arch for the rear kick up. That would remove any spring in that part.

<table border="0" width="576" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="http://w667.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2k2NjcucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy92djM2L1NhbHRfRmxhdHNfU3BlZWRfU2hvcC8xOTMyJTIwU2hvcCUyMFRydWNrLzMyc21hbGwuanBn" width="576" height="432"/></td></tr></table>

<table border="0" width="640" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="http://w667.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2k2NjcucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy92djM2L1NhbHRfRmxhdHNfU3BlZWRfU2hvcC8xOTMyJTIwU2hvcCUyMFRydWNrLzMzLmpwZw%3D%3D" width="640" height="480"/></td></tr></table>

<table border="0" width="1024" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="http://w667.photobucket.com/flash/tagWidget.swf?mediaURL=aHR0cDovL2k2NjcucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy92djM2L1NhbHRfRmxhdHNfU3BlZWRfU2hvcC8xOTMyJTIwU2hvcCUyMFRydWNrLzU4LmpwZw%3D%3D" width="1024" height="768"/></td></tr></table>

20. Jibs

Jibs

I like your choice for the power train, keep the pictures coming. Jjibs

21. gasser32pickup

gasser32pickup
    from Australia

Dude, your pickup looks truely kickass!

I am currently building a 34 along similar lines.

Any chance I could ask a massive favour and ask for some dimensions of the pickup bed? Just basic length width and depth. I have to make one from scratch, because no one makes them here in Aus and the import freight and duty on the us repo stuff is ridiculous. Feel free to pm me if you dont want the numbers on here.

Cheers mate.

Again, looks wickedly bitchen!

22. lodaddyo

lodaddyo

man that truck is gonna be coool!
    i love how you did the rear frame rails
    nice job, im looking forward to see this thing finished
    Ryan

23. sloorider

sloorider

After you sand the bare metal, what do you put on to keep it looking the way it is?
    Thanks.

24. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I use a product called Gibbs Brand Penetrant. The stuff is amazing, it keeps metal from rusting and it will even keep magnesium from oxidizing. Crazy stuff. Plus once it dries it isnt all sticky like wd40 or other stuff like that.

25. Turning into one heck of a nice shop truck!!!
    Skot

26. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Awesome truck. I am building a 34 that has a 3" chop and will have a similar style. Can't wait to see more as you work on it. Nice fab work.

27. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

this is cool. I likey.

28. leadsled deluxe

leadsled deluxe

Bad ass I love 32 trucks its looking good.

29. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

Nice work, truck looks good.

30. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

great shop truck and build, are the front rails from macs ratz?