Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Henry Ford hot rod

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by AULIZ, Feb 2, 2020.

1. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thank You Sirs.
    Its Monday morning. Need to go in to my garage and continue cutting and welding. Friday arrived headers. Primary to cylinder 5 need to cut and modify. Vega box is just located on its way. Hope that get floors ready this or next week.
    3.25:1 ring and pinion is on the way from US to Finland, also some smaller stuff from Speedway include pick up style waterpumps...

Rgds,AULIS

Ron Funkhouser, Stogy and Tim like this.
  2. V8Vic

V8Vic
    from norcal

The way I read it, he's building two engines. The 8ba is for the project 32 for his friend, not the engine pictured.

3. AULIZ

AULIZ

Monday boxing plates made and welded .
    Pullmax 5 with shrink dies is good machine.
    Aulis

jukka-158.jpg jukka-165.jpg jukka-166.jpg jukka-160.jpg jukka-164.jpg jukka-163.jpg

4. AULIZ

AULIZ

Yes, two engines. Engine which is installed this car is actually Merc. 4" stroke engine. Nothing big changes. Just new bearings, new oilpump, valvejobs, old offy heads, old 3x 2bbl intake.... Maybe 110-120hp max.
    Another engine will be ready after one month. That cylinderblock I just bored and honed.

Aulis

Stogy likes this.
  5. AULIZ

AULIZ

Tuesday englishwheel and beadroller jobs.
    Aulis

jukka-168.jpg jukka-169.jpg jukka-170.jpg jukka-171.jpg

Attached Files:

6. AULIZ

AULIZ

7. Mart

Mart

Excellent work all round, Auliz. Good English too! Thanks for that.

Mart.

Stogy likes this.
  8. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thanks Mart
    Thursday pics. I have now 3days holiday. Tomorrow I drive 320km down to Turku (South-West Finland), night ferry to Stockholm and destination is Norrköping , where they have yearly Drag & Street Race Swapmeet. No shit, only race stuff.... and very much drag racing people from all Nordic countries, maybe from Germany too.

Aulis

jukka-179.jpg jukka-180.jpg jukka-181.jpg

9. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low

What gauge sheet metal are you using for the floor?

Stogy likes this.
  10. AULIZ

AULIZ

Regular 1mm finnish made steel. Lowprice and good quality.

1.25mm would be maybe better, but its so heavy. stuff... and I have tune my pullmax shrink dies for this 1mm sheet metal.

Aulis

Ron Funkhouser, dwollam and Stogy like this.
  11. the oil soup

the oil soup
    from Tucson,AZ

12. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thanks. I do not have any idea how You mark sheet metal thickness there in US.

Aulis

13. Ziggster

Ziggster

Awesome skills. Must be nice to have the Pullman. I'm curious as to the block cement for the water passages. I have never heard that before.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  14. brady1929

brady1929

Looking forward to your build.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  15. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thank You.
    Yes, Block sement were used more 70´s - 90´s racing engines, before aftermarket extra strong cylinderblocks were available reasonable price. I was 20y old when I was start this American car hobby and used Sement long long time.

I have used sement those own superchargered flathead engines. We all know that "bottom" of these flathead ford engine is not best thing... I do not know how much those aftermarket steel maincaps are help, if cylinderblock is flexible (long distance between those three maincaps). Of course balancingjob is very very important, lightweight stuff is help too,....
    If somebody will make nice maingirdle, Im ready to buy those too. That would be very good extra part to get shortblock stronger when compression ratio is high or have boost. Waterpockets are sharp and deep. I belive that MOROSO sement is good to use there. One litre per size (approx. quarter gal). I take You pics, when I work next time with that engine project.

Aulis

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  16. AULIZ

AULIZ

Finally speedway shipment arrived. It was 3weeks travelling all over.... New waterpumps, engine mounting pads, u-joints etc.
    From Drag Race swapmeet found nice hilborn velocity stacks and hi-boy headlight stands. Those parts are needed this project.
    Tomorrow need to continue with headers, radiator, radiator shell, steering parts...

Aulis
    jukka-186.jpg
    jukka-182.jpg jukka-183.jpg

17. AULIZ

AULIZ

18. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Those floors look so much nicer than the store bought ones with all the XXX over them. Brilliant work . Though i probably would have chosen 1.2mm to even 1.6mm for the floor. 1.6 may be overkill and harder to work . The floor is structural .

loudbang likes this.
  19. AULIZ

AULIZ

Hello
    You´re right. Floor material thickness can be more. I left front side of floor (X) up. I mean I didn´t stretch those bendings , bending bottoms so much as need, if You want that floo is straight. Now it´s little more up side, but I wan walk there and its not flexible at all.

Today need to continue radiator installation, grillshell fixed yesterday. Drv side header need to modify too...
    Aulis

dwollam, Stogy and Kiwi 4d like this.
  20. AULIZ

AULIZ

jukka-197.jpg jukka-198.jpg jukka-199.jpg jukka-200.jpg jukka-201.jpg jukka-202.jpg Friday Update.
    Auliz -upper and lower hoses are fit perfectly. Sorry, Im still waiting for new part from production. Maybe 10-15customer is waiting for those hoses. I forgot to make order and now we are just waiting and waiting....
    Tomorrow need to weld new primary (drv size header) etc.

Aulis

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Runnin shine, 32SEDAN, brEad and 5 others like this.
  21. AULIZ

AULIZ

Headers ready and bolted on.
    P-51 Mustang seats are very very lightweight. Maybe 2-3kg each.
    Nice patin.

Aulis

jukka-203.jpg jukka-204.jpg jukka-205.jpg jukka-206.jpg jukka-207.jpg jukka-208.jpg jukka-209.jpg

22. BumpTrunk

BumpTrunk

Wow they looks great!

23. AULIZ

AULIZ

This kind of wheels I will use in my own hot rod project , 5w coupe. Dodge 17" artillery wheels from begining of 30´s. wheel in pics is junk, I have 4pc better condition project wheels.

AULIS

leeroy-83.jpg

A

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  24. AULIZ

AULIZ

25. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

26. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

How long before the upper and lower hoses are going to ship?

27. AULIZ

AULIZ

They told me from production that next week they made all my hoses.
    Maybe two weeks more from this date.

Aulis

28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's looking real good Auliz...

Can you imagine the Stories this old Hotrod could tell...look at that Hotrod Soul in the inner those door panels...There was no pampering done to it that's for sure...

Driven Hard with Winning the Goal...

29. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thanks Sir. To built hot rod, real old style hot rod, is like read old novella (short story)..... I like projects like this old hot rod, it takes me "back to the 40´s - 50´s".

Finally floorpanels are ready. Handbrake handle installed after I made bracket.
    Maybe I use trunk lid skin in picture. I found it from own warehouse. Old, original , looks good in this car.
    It was left over from own 5w coupe project.

Aulis

jukka-213.jpg jukka-214.jpg jukka-215.jpg

30. AULIZ

AULIZ

Steering column will be ready tomorrow. Need to lathe upper and lower bushing. Today they send material (tinbronze) from our company warehouse. I used; 1932 tube, 1932 shaft, 40s ford column drop, borgeson floor swivel and Ford banjo steering wheel.

Aulis

jukka-216.jpg jukka-217.jpg jukka-221.jpg jukka-220.jpg