Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 FRAME WIDTH QUESTION

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4bangerbob, Dec 4, 2022.

1. 4bangerbob

4bangerbob
    from AB, Canada

When putting together a 1932 frame using ASC rails and using the wesscott frame drawing, are the widths as marked with a red square on the wescott drawing to the outside of the vertical section of the frame or to the outside of the lower revel? (dimension A or B in attached sketch) Thanks 32 CROSS SECTION.jpg 32 wescott frame 1.jpg

2. Center of bolt mounting holes. Look at the centerline and the corresponding measurements with detail lines next to the bolt holes. All measurements are done that way on technical drawings like this. The red boxes you mention appear to be outside frame dimension the more I look at it. Because if you add up the centerline measurements, they don't add up bolt hole to bolt hole with that measurement in the red box. Hope this helps. Dimension A is the correct answer.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  3. Fordors

Fordors

The boxed dimensions are showing the width at that point, while the lines and dimensions at the center of the holes are designating 1/2 the c-c for the holes.

curbspeed likes this.
  4. Dimension A and B are the same. The reveal is pressed in, it does not bulge out in the B dimension.

5. RockyMtnWay

RockyMtnWay

^^^^^huh? Got me thinkin.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
  6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I have built 100's of 32 chassis using ASC rails and the outside dimensions you have in the red boxes. Some have said the Wescott drawing is incorrect but I have had no problems with their measurements.

7. RockyMtnWay

RockyMtnWay

Not sure my current roadster project frame is spot on, but perimeter frame was originally set up in SoCal jig and I’ve test fit the body (Brookville) a few times (and like the fit).
    Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
  8. Example of frames I have built:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I have ASC rails, and Squeak Bell gave me a large drawing of his frame plots. Matched up nicely with my original gennie frame.
    That Westcott drawing is superbly drafted. Anyone with issue please point out which measurement is incorrect, please?

10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

ASC Meyers Wescott
    No problems here either!
    20160315_100342.jpg

20171127_161250.jpg

11. 4bangerbob

4bangerbob
    from AB, Canada

Thanks for the information and input.

I would gather then that the flat section is not vertical, rather a line that is tangent to the top of the rail and the top of the reveal is vertical.

cross section 1.jpg

12. That is correct. The siderail has been pushed in to form the bottom reveal shape.