Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford three window rare parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jim chamberlain, Oct 6, 2020.

1. jim chamberlain

jim chamberlain

Information concerning rare parts on E-bay. Three window original ash tray, glove box door and knob, passenger arm rest. Do not see these ever!!!

2. Fogger

Fogger

Asking prices on any original '32 Ford parts have attained astronomical values. There are suppliers who sell reproduction ash trays, glovebox doors and maybe armrests. Unless you really need original parts check out the aftermarket. Brookville provides quality parts. I assembled my 3W back in the '80 and looking back it was affordable, not like today.

VANDENPLAS, bowie and chevyfordman like this.
  3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I bought my 3 window body for 3500.00 in the early 80's. It had a partially complete 2.5 inch chop which we finished. It came with a nice dash with glove box door and knob, cigar lighter, arm rests, complete seat with tracks, moldings, windshield frame, good window regulators and latches, I may have paid to much but you can see it in my Avatar and I will die with it.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    46international likes this.
  4. This reminds me of what my good friend Deuce Roadster ( Randy Nash) said back in 2010.

35cab likes this.

5. You didn't pay to much, you just bought the 3 window when they were available and affordable.

5window likes this.
  6. fuzzface

fuzzface

I watched a '32 ash tray on ebay must have been around 2005 because I was having a few financial problems when some of my high risk investments went bellyup back then. It sold for $2,000. I remember telling my wife that these guys are nuts even if I wasn't having money issues right now I would never pay that. Of course her comment was do you have any to sell? Nope.

that was the last time and the only time I saw one come up on ebay for sale.

I even use it as reference when people ask me why I like doing auctions. To easy to underprice old items and leave too much meat on the table when there isn't a regular market for them. Only takes the right 2 people that has to have it to hit a homerun. Then I explain about the '32 ashtray that I thought was worth around $100 or so back then anyways

7. 5window

5window

Yeah, back in '32 you could have bought a new one for $490.

8. 5window

5window

$3500 in 1985 is about $8500 today. Probably still a good deal. OTOH, the number of Deuce buyers may not be what it once was-we're getting old and dying off. That and a fair number of folks who have the money to be able to buy and build one may well be looking at the "new" bodies.Probably a safe investment for the short term, but like everything else in our hobby, it is likely not wise to build one as an investment.