Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1932 Ford steering box restoration??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Materguru, May 12, 2020.

1. Materguru

Materguru

hello
    Hope all are healthy. I have played with my 32' steering box till i have given up. I cant get a smooth steer. It grinds if i adjust one way then the other. I know I have seen on HAMB someone recommend a fella that builds steering rods on the end to keep them from leaking and the same fella rebuilds the steering boxes. Im at that point. If anyone remembers the guy that rebuilds these and adjusts them correctly I would appreciate the information on how to contact this gentleman. thanks in advance

2. alchemy

alchemy

There is a thread talking about this exact subject on Fordbarn right now. Even suggests the later end caps with the tube in them.

3. rusty valley

rusty valley

i believe you may be thinking of @Neil in CA. he could be just down the road, but who would know since you have no general location in your avatar

4. Materguru

Materguru

thanks. I think I was reading it. was it the one where he is rebuilding his. I did but I cant seem to get the worm gear right so I was gonna send it someone who knows what they are doing as its clear I do not. thanks.

5. @NealinCA as referred to earlier. Also same name on Instagram. Likely the easiest way to hit him up.

I do not know anything about the steering box thread on Ford Barn. I'm positive Alchemy does. Just wanted to correct the previous post. Easy mistake.

Carry on.

6. Materguru

Materguru

Muchograssyass And we know where your from. Damn nice avatar

kidcampbell71 likes this.