Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 Ford Roadster Top Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordor Ron, Oct 6, 2017.

1. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

I did experiment some and found that a piece of cardboard slid in between the fabric and the top bow eliminated the flapping. So now to find something nicer than a piece of cardboard. I loved that tilting rear window idea, that's cool.

Fordor Ron likes this.
  2. Please, can you post a photo of the inside?

3. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

We kinda got off track talking about what I posted originally. Shavers offers a tilt out rear window and a entire rear section un-zips allowing thru air flow. The fold out rear window is very pricey at $995. Shavers also now offers a rear portion that will un-zip like I originally suggested. The summer after I installed my Bop-Top, I was sitting near my car at the Nat's, in Louisville. A guy walked up to my car and was looking over my top. I fabricated side curtain's, so there are snaps along the top edge of the tubing. He asked what the snaps were for so I showed him the side curtain's. I then told him that I was going to have the rear section of the top to be unzipped, allowing for more air flow. When he walked away the guy next to me came over and asked me if I knew who that was. Well, it was Sid Shavers and guess what he now sells for his tops, side curtains that look awfully familiar and a removable rear roof section.

V8-m likes this.
  4. Sorry, I don't have any photos of the inside. I have since had a proper set of side curtains made and they do a much better job of keeping the air and unwanted water out. Not to mention they make it a lot easier to get in and out of the car.