Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 Ford Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rex_A_Lott, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Saw this today on the local Craigslist:
    https://greenville.craigslist.org/cto/5358936914.html
    Not exactly HAMB material, but nice IMHO. It might even belong to somebody here.
    How could it possibly be titled as a 64 Fairlane? Why would you even consider doing such a thing?
    Assuming you liked the car, would you buy it under these conditions?

2. I saw that a while back,the guy obviously had a fairlane title and too lazy to do his homework and title it as a 1932 Ford. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

would have to go though local DMV process to get new id numbers assigned, stamped, etc. would be best to go through a professional title assistance company. would have to ask seller about his motivation. bet DMV would like him to answer about this too. likely his insurance company does not know what they have coverage on, if it has coverage.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  4. If you look close at the pictures you can see it is a 64 Fairlane, it's just had a bit more than usual custom work done to it.

timwhit and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. That part where he says.........."Need no help selling"! may change in time.

6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

There was a guy in Santa Clara that licensed his channeled '31 roadster by the engine, '56 Buick. Santa Clara police stopped him for a simple infraction, but when the officer saw the registration, he called the sergeant, and the car went away on the hook.
    Took over a month for him to reclaim the car...DMV gave him a tall stack of papers, affidavits, etc. He was getting sworn signatures from neighbors, previous owners, it was no day at the beach!
    Final reg. was for a '31 roadster...shoulda done that in the first place.
    This was in '61, IIRC

7. Strange front axle? As in odd or strange axle? Strange doesn't make front axles, they make rear end parts. registered as a '64 Fairlane?

Willing to trade for a '65 Falcon sprint? I think that I would pass on it, sounds fishy to me.

8. Good luck Rex. Title issues is the last thing anyone would want. Plus, if you shop around the net a little, you can find more than a few cars almost JUST like the roadster for nearly the same price without the title problem. Tim