Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford louvered gas tank covers ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by visor, Jan 9, 2008.

1. visor

visor
    Member Emeritus
    from Missouri

A buddy of mine wants to add a louvered gas tank top to the back of his 32 three window.
    I remember seeing this done on a few rods in the past. Is there a company that makes these,
    or were they just using the stock tops and punching them?
    Thanks, Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Opossum Benders
    Missouri

2. visor

visor
    Member Emeritus
    from Missouri

Thanks Gary.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Opossum Benders
    Missouri

3. Any one know Who made these covers for Lobecks?

4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

A Model A pilot was asking me about this '32 roadster he saw at the Bakersfield Formosa meet...he said "This guy had his '32 gas tank louvered! No shit!"
    I asked if there were rainbow stains out of the scoops... he said the guy was probably running on 'half a tank'!
    I surmised that my Model A friend was doing the same...

5. Mo rust

Mo rust

I made one once out of a stock 32 tank top stacked onto adented stock 32 tank. I slid the tank in while the spreader bar was off and the top edge of the frame horn slid between the two tank edges so from above it still looked like just one thickness/tank. You couldn't tell that it wasn't just a stock tank. I didn't louver it but it would have been easy to do.