Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1932 Ford Henry Steel Coupe! Amazing Timeless Build.

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by ratfink, Nov 10, 2020.

1. ratfink

ratfink

City: Waterford

State: Wisconsin
    Price: Pending
    I hate to sell my 32 Coupe, but I never drive it. With 2 younger kids, who are heavily involved in sports, it is just not practical for me to own this car. I would prefer to sell it, but I would be open to trades.

This is truly an amazing car. Very well built hot rod that stands the test of time.

Built from the ground up with really good stuff!

The car was built to it’s current condition in the 1970s and was driven sparingly until around 2012. It sat in hibernation until last fall. At hat time the car was gone through and worked over to make it a very nice and reliable driver.

The previous owner had it since the 1950s. He built it 2 or 3 different times through the years and finished it as how you see it now. A hotrodder at heart, he built this car to drive reliably on the street, but also, to periodically drag race it (I doubt it was ever drag raced). It is very well built, very drivable, structurally strong and safe. It is also incredibly fast!!

As mentioned, it is the real deal, Henry Steel 5 Window Coupe. Even though, it is a hot rod, it still has a functioning cowl vent, functioning flip out front windshield and a functioning roll down rear window. The roof has not been filled, the top is not chopped and the widows still work, as they should. All these items, still intact, make it a very desirable traditional hot rod!

All the things that were done during the last build, are now what is considered desirable to today’s Hot Rod standards. Some of these things include: transverse front and rear leaf springs with a dropped I-beam front axle and split wishbones, which are all chromed, also, it has a timeless vintage interior, chrome original windshield frame and chromed original garnish moldings and real vintage gauges, etc. The list of cool things on this car goes on and on.

The engine is just absolutely amazing. It has a LT1 engine with angle plug heads, a 6:71 blower and 2 Carter Competition Carbs (rebuilt by Don's in Kenosha).

The trans is a turbo 400

The rear-end is a desirable and bullet proof old style Oldsmobile diff. I believe rear ratio is 3:00.

It has its original Henry frame.

The underside is heavily chromed.

The body has not been tubbed and the trunk is full size. There is a vintage VW gas tank and battery hidden in the trunk area behind the finished matching interior.

I have owned this car for about a year and have not driven it. As I mentioned, I have two younger children (a 12 year old daughter and a 9 year old son), who are heavily involved in sports and I do not have any time to drive it. I hate to let this awesome time piece go, but it does not make sense for me to keep it and let it sit. I would be open to trades, maybe something more conducive to kids and being able to take them to their sporting events in.

Sale Pending

As I mentioned, I would be open to trade offers, either even, up or down. I like anything from old hot rods, to muscle cars, to classics, to sports cars, to woodies, whatever. Let me know what you have.

Please call or text me at 262 Nine Nine Four 3686

Thanks, Mike

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    1Nimrod, catdad49 and Ken Bonnema like this.