Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 Ford guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Fordors

Fordors

Why do you think the Fordor uses a different frame? The only differences are related to engineering changes, I think there were three, maybe four front cross members, the transmission 'member did not originally have the front, angled legs that made it into the so-called K member, strengthening pieces were added to prevent bending the rails at the rear kick up and there were two different rear crossmembers, a narrow one was recessary to fit when those braces were fitted inside the rails. In addition there were detail changes to some holes to mount the steering box.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. primed34

primed34

Had a steel chopped 3 window. Still have a tudor.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. I have/had 3 5-windows - my avatar which was originally a 5-window, one rough 5-window that went to Switzerland, and the genie 5-window body I currently have a build thread on ...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Dont forget about the sedan delivery. And they made a panel truck

Montana1 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  5. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

nochop, The37Kid and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. All of the passenger cars and light pickups used the same frame. The frame however did evolve slightly during the production year.

Charlie Stephens

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Had a 5 window coupe and a closed cab pickup...moved up to a model 40 coupe

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Xman

Xman

One steel 3W, one steel 5W, and a glass roadster.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

The question was how many of the different body styles do you or have you owned. My reply was that with the exception of the Fordor I have had all of them including the commercial cars which are the open cab p.u., closed cab p.u., sedan delivery, panel delivery, and station wagon. I do not think the Fordor has a different frame.

clem and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  10. [​IMG]

I found this larger file. If you squint just right you can make some of the words.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. I currently own three 5W's, one 3W, one cabriolet, one pickup, one Fordor, and one Brookville roadster.

I have owned and traded or sold one glass roadster, two 5W's, one topless Tudor tub, two Tudors, two 5W's and three Fordors.

I never could afford the really rare ones.

I've known a few guys that have had close to hundred Deuces pass through their hands!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. wicarnut

wicarnut

HOTRODPRIMER and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  14. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One 5 window, 8 year build .

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. Owned @ least 1 of each except a B400 and a sedan delivery. Do know I've built and owned over 40 Roadsters, Glass, steel and Brookville

16. figure8

figure8

1 Steel roadster, owned it 17 years. Really wanting a 5 window.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. alchemy

alchemy

I own a tudor, a pile of roadster, a pile of five-window, a pile of closed cab pickup, and the very beginnings of a roadster pickup.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. The37Kid

The37Kid

I had a rough Victoria body, selling it was the right thing to do at the time, hope to have a complete running one some day. UPDATE, I forgot the Westcott glass Roadster from back in the late 1970's, the body cost $2,200 DELIVERED to Connecticut. Had it on a stock chassis that cost me $120.00 at the Bennington, Vt. swap meet. Still have the original grill insert I swapped the new floor mats out of my Dad's month old '61 Ford when I was 10 years old, will I ever have a running '32 to put it in? Bob

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. I have to disagree,the fordor uses the same frame as the coupes.roadsters.tudor sedans.HRP

Fordor Ron, spiffy1937 and da34guy like this.
  20. I have owned 4 - 32 five windows (still have one) a 2 door sedan and still have a roadster. Total (6)
    Vaun_0006.jpg IMG_0421 (5).JPG 003.JPG IMG_8183.JPG Still have these two! Fall 5 Window 003.JPG IMG_9792.JPG

21. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

It took me 40 years to obtain a standard 5 window and I will not be bringing home any more deuces.... CHANGE 2014 022.JPG

22. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

It's been a ride over the last 40+ years. 10-12 roadsters (lost count) 6 tudors, 1 3 window, 1 delivery, 1 B400, 1 vicky, 4 pickups, 3 5 windows, 1 Brookville RPU, 2 4 doors. Currently have 5 henry steel cars , delivery, 5 window, 3 window, PU, roadster, and have the parts to do another Brookville RPU. Like they say, never to many deuces!

23. And just picked up 2017 32 5 winder side.jpg this 5 winder, all Henry Ford

24. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

If you want to know just about anything about a 32 get these. IMG_1823.jpg

DeLuxe 32, LOU WELLS and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. I just thought I knew a little something about Deuces and then I purchased the 1932 Ford book/s and realized I did know a little something about Deuces...Very little! :D HRP

Montana1 likes this.
  26. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Right on!!! Even though they are written more for restorations there is so much a guy can learn.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. You got that right my friend! :) HRP

28. j3harleys

j3harleys

Two 5w.s, one 3w, two Roadsters, One Dearborn Deuce conv.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

I have a gennie 5W that I have owned for a few years and I am just finishing a Brookville roadster. DSCN4045.JPG

20170415_133307_resized.jpg

30. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

A fiberglass roadster, if that counts!!!

lothianwilly71 and robracer1 like this.