Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 Ford guys - which Deuce is your favorite?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 28, 2018.

1. robracer1

robracer1

roadsters, the season for them is starting soon

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  2. primed34

primed34

Had 3 window still have a tudor but a 5 window would be nice.

3. I have had 2 Roadsters, 5 window and now a tudor, and i would have to say the winner is, ROADSTER.

4. Gman0046

Gman0046

An unchopped full fendered 5 window is my choice. I've owned a Vicky and on a road trips all your gear such as cooler, luggage, tools, chairs, food, etc. has to go in the back seat which is a PITA to get in and out humping them over the front seat. Same goes for a tudor. At least roadsters, cabriolets, 3 & 5 windows have a trunk.

Gary

5. John Stimac

John Stimac

I've had 34 Deuce autos in my life, not the most comfortable, but the essence-ROADSTER !cid_1A659A2E6D33478D9AB5AD4F18F946D8@StimacPC.jpg

alfin32, Dave Mc, mgtstumpy and 5 others like this.
  6. Holy Cow, that's a lot of Deuces and I agree with you that the roadster is at the top of the list. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  7. Deuces

Deuces

For me it's a toss up between a 3 er 5 window coupe.....

8. If I had to chose between the 3 and 5 window I would go with the 5 window.

To me the 3 window is a nice car and much easier for enterning & exiting but I think of it as a gentleman's hot rod.

The 5 window looks bad to the bone unchopped, chopped with fenders or not, that said I wouldn't turn down ether one. HRP

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    clem, 3W JOHN and Deuces like this.
  9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

5W for me as that's the one I have. I like the two doors as well as the four doors, phaeton and of course the roadster. Up here it rains occasionally, 9/12ths of the year LOL so a closed vehicle is preferred. I was lucky to get mine so I'm fortunate. I just think that the 3W door windows are out of proportion to the overall size of the body.

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and Deuces like this.
  10. 5 window......I hade a really poor example for awhile [old race car] but it was the mid 80s and I couldn't find a good used quarter panel and new ones were not yet available....sold it.
    Chopped 5 window would be my choice. ROCKYS32.jpg

mgtstumpy, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  11. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I'm not tall so I like them with a haircut.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I'll take any one of them that somebody wants to gift me with! Prefer the 5 window coupe, but I'll never own any of them. Champagne tastes on a flavored water budget!

13. Yeah, being height challenged makes you ideal for your chopped coupe, the ride was a little snug for me!:D HRP

[​IMG]

mgtstumpy and 3W JOHN like this.
  14. This is mine and is my dream car. Have had it for over 25 years . Finally getting it done.
    Vic
    1932 ford eagle river car show 2.jpg

alfin32, Dave Mc, mgtstumpy and 4 others like this.
  15. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I'm awfully partial to the Roadster in my garage!Always wanted one and I'm blessed to have the one I've got.
    KK

16. F&J

F&J

anyone can have one....if.... you can work with what nobody else wants...not only the junk body shell you dragged home, but everything else you need.

the only thing I did not do myself, was have a local place cut the glass. I will admit it seemed hopeless at certain times, but it is now my only car, I do have a 1966 chevy 4wd camper special, but that gets less gas mileage, and does not ride like glass like the 32 on buggy springs.

I cannot afford even a cheap daily driver right now, (and why would I even want to drive a 10 year old shitbox instead of the 32?)...so last night driving home with it, I thought that I might get snow tires for this winter. those I can get for free, used of course...lol

oh, it was a 5w coupe that lost it's roof years ago. all these pics from late yesterday. And yes, that youngish Grandma did pose her little one with the car.
    DSCN1645.JPG DSCN1646.JPG DSCN1639.JPG DSCN1662.JPG DSCN1643.JPG

Dave Mc, mgtstumpy, 1947knuck and 3 others like this.
  17. Bobby, I bought my first 32 5 window when I was 12 years old and that didn't go over well with my dad so it was gone almost as quick as I got it, it took me almost 50 years to get the second one, I built and sold several Model A's & 40 Fords working my way into the next 32, I just kept building and selling and finally had enough money to get a project, like anything in life if you want something bad enough you can eventually make it happen. HRP

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    3W JOHN likes this.
  18. Long term but it sure looks good. HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  19. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Never had a 32 but would consider a Vickie delivery (back door). Of coarse it would have to be custom made but a hotrodder can build anything...…….

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and F&J like this.
  20. I was impressed with the 4 door Vicky Roy Brizo built for Eric Clapton. HRP

[​IMG]

Dave Mc, IronFord, Blue One and 8 others like this.
  21. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I've never owned a deuce, but always loved the badass 3W that my best friend built, Tuffy!

22. I( was also impressed with the 4 door Vickey they built for Clapton. When I first heard they were building it I thought WTF. But it sure turned out cool.
    I like all the deuces and I have a 3 window a 2 door sedan and a roadster, but if I had to pick one I think I would pick the 3window. Now ask me that the first day of spring and it will be the roadster..

23. F&J

F&J

I instantly thought of Kathy hugging Tuffy on the trailer, headed to it's new home in Texas. ...oh, and the video of the first start up, she drove it out the shop door, but the clutch was messed up, so she tried to back it back in the shop, and it took off full speed in reverse...we waited for a big bang. lol

24. I like whatever I can get a deal on. But, the deliveries have really caught my eye lately.

This one is killer...

31119172-4352-4762-ABC5-52EB221584AC.jpeg 20DE534B-7542-49A6-8C89-8C891109B2ED.jpeg

Dave Mc, mgtstumpy, 1947knuck and 2 others like this.
  25. But a glass Roadster is probably the cheapest way to get into a Deuce. I would like to build a simple car like this sometime soon too.

5098E915-ADED-42A1-8D77-09A8C11D3257.jpeg A3D48DAE-9DAD-4416-86A4-34B99D20E84E.jpeg

mgtstumpy, 1947knuck and 3W JOHN like this.
  26. This car belongs to my friend Buster Henderson who has been building deuces for many years.

The car started out as a sedan and he cut the back out and hand formed the back door, notice he left the windows in the sides.

Buster uses this car as his daily driver, he also has a very nice 2 door sedan and a 3 window coupe. HRP

3W JOHN and Fordor Ron like this.
  27. Ron, do you still have the sedan? HRP

3W JOHN likes this.
  28. Yes. Just picked my son up from school in it last week. First time we’ve driven it in months because it’s been so hot.

I’ve been kicking around your idea of converting it to a delivery. But, it’s hard to pull apart a perfectly good running and driving car.

We’ll see...

29. I talked to Buster about converting mine but he is covered up with work and I am finally going to install a interior in my old beater in the next few months and once that's done I'm going to forget about it.

A old friend of mine use to have a real deal 32 sedan delivery and it was pretty trick with a Jag rear axle and all black but with the panels in the side it was difficult to see when backing up, I believe Buster has the best of both worlds. HRP

3W JOHN and Fordor Ron like this.
  30. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I think if I had it to do over again I would build a flower car delivery rather than what I have. I love my delivery but you can see nothing when trying to back up or change lanes. I haven't driven it much because of that. I love the car but am afraid of screwing it up backing it up or causing an accident changing lanes in heavy traffic. In Nebraska drivers are not very forgiving in traffic.

3W JOHN, HOTRODPRIMER and 383deuce like this.