Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 ford frame fixture jig plans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupe, Feb 6, 2015.

1. 32coupe

32coupe
    from michigan

I'm trying to find plans to build a 32 ford frame fixture .. Someone on eBay was selling the plans now I can't find them? Any help be appreciated

2. redo32

redo32

There are several threads here that included pictures of frame jigs. Do a search & see what you find. Pewsplace has been doing a jig & has pics on his website & on here. Get a good set of blueprints, like Deuce Daddy's. He sells them on here also.

3. You planing on more than a dozen frames a year?
    Then you don't need a jig or a frame table unless you are.
    If you are planning on more than a few then you shouldn't have to ask for plans.

4. 32coupe

32coupe
    from michigan

I'm trying to find deuce daddy's on here?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. alchemy

alchemy

I doubt I'll ever build more than a dozen '32's in my lifetime, but I wouldn't put a frame together from scratch without a jig.

My brother's got a jig he built for '34 frames, and I plan on building my own fixtures for it for '32's when I get around to straightening out my frame. I'll measure up about a half dozen frames we have laying around and average out the distances. And use the best of the bunch to clamp the fixtures to when welding it up to make sure we are setting all the angles correctly.

6. Sorry, many years of fabricating experience I take for granted sometimes. There's lots to watch and be mindful off and a jig takes over much of that job. Building a jig is actually more work and more involved than building a frame. Only the highest quality craftsmen and fabricators built the jigs for the jig loaders. If the jig is off so are all the parts out of it.

7. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Most good jigs were built using original frames back in the day. Today, some very sophisticated jigs are being built using CAD/CAM for an exact blueprint. I have built many deuce frames using square tubing mounted in the body holes with weight on the front and rear cross members. I have just built my own jig which was not difficult but time consuming. I used and original frame for reference and made sure it was correct prior to building the frame jig. They are worth the money even if you only build one chassis. Turn it over and make the other side a 33/4 jig. They take up a lot of garage space so I made mine a rotisserie so I could stand it upright.

8. I'd like to see a cost and time analysis on building a dedicated jig for building just 1 frame vs buying a perimeter frame complete shipped to your door. Included should be opportunity cost of storage space for the jig -You can even cut jig material cost by 50%.

This meek set up here has cranked out a few stock frames- couple 32s a few 34s and 1 35.
    Modified 33/34 frame , and a bunch of Custom tube jobs, as well as held a few for repairs. Rearend always sets on the steel table since there's so much action back there. Plus the wood table also doubles as a layout table, Christmas present wrapping table, body dolly, catch all, roll around flat surface. Yep it takes up space & No rotisserie but it gets used some how everyday.

To set it up for a frame, there's a few cross pieces and a few verticals. They need to move for something different every time and there's no telling what will be on it next. The pieces come off and it's flat again. Stout enough to hold the whole chassis and drive line. This one is really narrow as frames go, follows the body on the roadster tub but it's long because the bed is 1906 buick truck bed.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015