Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1932 Ford 5 window coupe project SOLD

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by wldtrout, Oct 4, 2018.

1. wldtrout

wldtrout
    from montana

City: Twin Bridges

State: Montana
    Price: $24,000
    For Sale: 1932 Ford 5 window coupe project. This car was built in the 70s as a channeled race car. It had a 427 Ford set back under the cowl.
    I have had all the parts media blasted and I primed them with 2K primer. THERE IS NO BODY WORK!. I wanted to show how clean this body is. No surprises, it is exactly what you see. I installed a new United Pacific floor pan, rear panel below the trunk lid, A and B pillar feet and rear trunk supports and sub-rail extensions . It is just like Henry built it. The only patch panels are the rear wheel wells that we tacked in place. It has an original trunk lid that at one time had tail lights in it. It has old patches that will need some attention. The front fenders are originals and need some work. the drivers fender has some rust. the running boards are very nice needing the rubber covers. The hood and grill shell are new. The grill insert is original. The dropped headlight bar and headlights are new. It comes with the package tray and all garnish moldings. It has door latches and regulators as well. the roof tack strip is complete but will need some attention. The coupe had a steel insert welded in and removed at one time so some clean up will be required. The cowl vent has been tacked in in 4 places, it will be easily removed. The cowl has not been damaged. The body has a dozen or so pinholes in the door corners and lower rear quarters. This body is super straight and solid. One of the best 5 windows I have seen.

The frame that was under the car has been modified extensively. I decided to mock up a new perimeter frame. It has new ASC rails. new stainless front and rear spreader bars and a new 32 front cross member. I re-used the suspension that was in the car. It has a 4" dropped tube axle, stainless 4 bar with a mono spring and disc brakes. The rear end is a 9 inch Ford. It has stainless triangulated four link and coil overs and disc brakes. The frame is not boxed and everything is tacked in place in case the new owner wants to go a different direction.

I wanted to make this project the cleanest and easiest start I could. It is a really solid start on an iconic hot rod.

I have a title for the coupe. I have photos of every step of this process. Contact me and I would be glad to email any photos you want to see. The Torq thrust wheels and tires are not included it will have rollers on it. IMG_3080.JPG IMG_3081.JPG IMG_3082.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    catdad49 and bubba55 like this.