Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1932 Ford 4-doors,,who has one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 10, 2008.

1. this is my favorit[​IMG]e of all time! Lonnie Gaskins 32 fordor sedan

2. Sunday morning bump, HRP

[​IMG]

spiffy1937 likes this.
  3. ocfab

ocfab

4. titus

titus

i got one, acutally i have 2, i bought a rough one a while back and now i bought this one, look at post #144 on this thread, its that one.

JEFF

Attached Files:

5. Looked for it but couldn't find it,:rolleyes:,,I really do like your new project. HRP

6. titus

titus

i just looked at the blog and couldnt find the 32 in it anymore.

JEFF

7. Darn Jeff, you have the "Deuce Disease" bad! :D Where do you keep finding these gems?

8. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I've made some progress on mine----new frame is done----fire wall--- gas tank---- etc.
    BILL RINALDI

Attached Files:

9. titus

titus

Ive always had the Deuce disease, ive just finally located a few i could afford!

I dunno where i find em, i just talk alot i guess and meet a ton of great people.

JEFF

10. joee

joee

mine is on the road with a 460 in it !!!!!

Attached Files:

11. ocfab

ocfab

12. Baja Bandido

Baja Bandido

So many beautiful fordors, thanks for sharing guys. Any chance some of you would be willing to share the purchase price of some of your projects? I'm on the hunt for a fordor and hoping to find a 30-31 or 32 body if it's in my budget and want to make sure I'm in the right price range. Any info would be much appreciated.

Chris

13. joee

joee

i would probably take in the low 20s for mine if i were to sell......

14. Chris,

You asked about some price information of the Fordors. I just looked at a "restored" '32 Ford Fordor in the San Diego area. The asking price was $35K. The car was "restored" in the 1970's (my guess). I think it was a Model A color (definitely not '32). It was missing a few small parts (one engine pan, air cleaner, wrong front axle). The ammeter didn't work. It had a Mitchell OD and early Ford hydraulic brakes. Probably a good touring car definitely not restored to the level I wanted. I currently have a '32 Fordor that I bought in the nineties for $8500. My guess is that it is worth about $12K today (not for sale). It is an early four cylinder. Totally complete with the correct parts but in need of a total restoration.

Charlie Stephens

15. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

I think you might be light on the price, Charlie. Even though the market is soft right now, original deuce parts are still bringing good money. If you have a totally complete '32, you could probably part out most of it, keep the body, and still be well over your guestimate. Decent deuce fordor bodies have been advertised in the 7-9k range (I have no idea if they sold for that).

My (mostly) complete fordor was more than 12k a little over a year ago. I am no deuce expert, but have been told it a very, very nice body. I have sold off most of the original parts and I should be to the point of having a "free" body assuming the demand for original deuce parts continues.

16. I have my 32 4-door insured for 40 grand,,,probably not worth that much but I would have a hard time finding a rust free body that is as nice as this one if something happened to it. HRP

17. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

HRP, I had a car insured for a stated value, accompanied with an appraisal, when that car was stolen, the insurance company made me "prove" the car was worth that by finding similar vehicles for sale and submitting the info to them.

This was not a collector car insurance company, and I had another claim with them in litigation, so that could explain their actions. Just putting it out there as a caveat.

18. Yes,I have it insured ,agreed value,with a collector/classic car insurer.

BTW,,,That is what their independent agent appraised the car when it first hit the street.HRP

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  19. ocfab

ocfab

I paid low to mid twentys for mine and around three months ago and i'm very happy with what i got :)

[​IMG]

20. Beautiful car,, HRP

21. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

Ok, I was just saying.

Mine was a very odd set of circumstances, I doubt that would with any of the collector companies.

Plus, this any type of discussion keeps the fordor thread at the top where it belongs.

22. My guess-timates:

I sold a bare Fordor body, almost rust free, wood removed, all latches and most moldings for $5500 last sunmmer. I think a bare body is worth $4000 to $8000 depending on condition and parts included.

A rolling Fordor complete would be worth $12000 to $16000, depending on body and fender condition.

A running and driving Fordor would be worth $18000 to $26000 with a fully restored EF V-8 going for more.

23. BEAR

BEAR

that is beautiful

24. Baja Bandido

Baja Bandido

I hope this is not off topic but did the 32s come in any other color then black from the factory? And if so, what colors?

25. Sure they did,,

Washington Blue,Tunis Gray,Brewster Green Medium,Brewster Green dark,Winterleaf Brown light,Old Chester Gray,Ford Medium maroon and of course Black.

there were all kinds of Moulding and Stripe colors.

And The Deluxe cars had the choice of different wheel colors,,Aurora Red,Apple Green and Tacoma Tan.

All the commercials for most of 32 were painted black,blue rock green,golden orange,Mountian brown and Vermillion until late Sepember when the dealers were informed that the commercials could be ordered in any passenger car colors. HRP

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  26. Geez...time for some updates from youse guys with projects. :)

Also, anyone have any shots of Bob Highfill's St. Charles, MO-based green-and-black car that was featured in SRM back in the mid '70s?

27. joee

joee

Little flat bock,wide whites and pin stripes

Attached Files:

28. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

29. Must've been wanting to keep it out of the rain...