Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford 3Window Barn Find in Pennsylvania Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jun 10, 2010.

1. mctommy

mctommy
    from sweden

I would say a fair price... Hopefully the crazytimes are over..... 57000 or whatever it was for a body with frame...............

There seem to be some kind of hysteria when it comes to judging the prices over 32 Fords especially 3w.

Let's keep it sensible.

T.

2. fatabone

fatabone

Tim was told it is a 1962 221 Ford

3. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Anyone saying that's a bad has clearly never built, or dealt with a '32 Ford before.

That's a very fair price, and it will be worth triple that once it's put back on the road and fixed up a bit.

4. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

jr is that piece coming to bad donkey for repair or being put away for a 401k investment?

5. fatabone

fatabone

It will be here Monday or Tuesday along with the 34 Ford race car. I think we are going to get it ready to take to the Detroit Autorama.

6. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Correction... Most of us ARE NOT FORD guys...

We are 32 guys.

...and we understand if ya don't get it. We have seen the light, and ya'll will too someday.

Open a Hot Rod History book. 32's lined up to the horizon. It's a simple fact of "the way it wuz"

This car was cool, I take nothing away from it!!! I'd LOVE to have it.. but the facts have been proven. This day, this hour, with those guys.. it was a $19,500 car...

5 years ago it would have brought $30,000 - $60,000.. but not right now.

And once again... don't let the "High Rollers" being present effect your judgment. They are just there to smile, and keep things in order. ;)

Cool car, good price... hope to see it built and driving soon.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

DITTO! From a former '32 Vicky project owner.

8. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Can't wait to see the pics...and I think I'll take back my earlier post speculating about the super high price. According the the description it was a steal for the sale price with the chrome garnish moldings and title.

9. noboD

noboD

I don't get it why some can't understand the hype about '32's. Gees, they only made them one year!! What's not to understand? Wish I could have bought it, congrats to the new owner.

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'm somewhat surprised at the final price but I don't think it ushers in a new level of sanity over '32 fords. When you set out to get the rare stuff you've got to be prepared to go big. The next one in exactly the same shape could bring $50-60,000. I think the buyer make a good purchase as he can bail out at any time and not loose money.

Frank

11. irondoctor

irondoctor
    from Newton, KS

Please, I would really like to see some more pictures.
    Find out what his plans for it are. kinda sounds lkike he ought to be a HAMB member.

12. barry wny

barry wny

Were the alum heads any good? looks like maybe aftermarket distributor a flathead toploader, some vintage dirt track hubs on those axles, vintage valve machine, had to be johnsons & tools & cams & 97's in that mess...
    My kinda sale, full of uncovered treasure where you take your gloves , flashlight and poker face.

13. fatabone

fatabone

I don't even think Tim has a color TV so getting a computer and becoming a HAMB member is unlikely. He is bringing it home today and if it turns over I know he'll have it running. He has to check the car out and see what it needs then he'll come up with a plan.

14. I agree 100% Josh. I am not a 32 kinnda guy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all early Fords, but my taste is 33-34 which is almost as bad (expensive) :D The fact is you either get it or you don't. If you don't thats perfectly fine...but when you do be prepared as it will be hard to shake. Start saving your pennies now ;)

15. tinmann

tinmann

Please keep us in the loop. There are a few of us sorta partial to sexiest bodied '32.

16. 37cpe

37cpe
    from Central PA

The Edmunds 8BA set were cut many times, had excessive coolant passage corrosion that would need weld/machine, water neck gasket surface needed weld/machine. Broken fins. All plug threads OK.....$190

Fenton early heads were OK, some broken fins....just north of $200, I think.

From what I understand, Mr. Ness didn't race flatheads, only SBF. So the heads were the only flathead speed equipment.

The racing stuff went for reasonable prices, but a lot of it was bent/cracked/worn out.

This auction was attended by a lot of the usual suspects from this area that resell at Hershey and Carlisle car shows and by the race car restoration crowd.

17. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

When my dad was around until a few years ago he had 5 or 6 32's pass through his hands. Considering the offers we constantly get on our 32 stuff, I would say that was a VERY good price. I have sold alot less for alot more. A good bath and detailed photos and description might double the investment.

18. scarylarry

scarylarry

Me & Jr stopped by Tim's and the car is VERY do-able. Jr took a bunch of photos which I'm sure he will post later. Red & white tuck & roll interior is O.K. I think he can use most of it. Some rust in the floor & bottom of drivers door. Good chrome garnish moldings, windows work, rumble seat is there, beads are all good on the four fenders & the are straight... could be a cool piece. Needs a lot of cleaning up & would need the body to come off to do it right, but what the hell, it's a 32 three window!!

19. Definetly post some pics for all of us. As for the price, it was a STEAL. Agree with the previous. Us 32 and early Ford guys get it!!!!! Thanks in advance for the pics!!!

20. guffey

guffey

I am wondering if Tim is the same guy who I met a few times at Carlisle and the York US30 deal that used to own a yellow hemi Dart I can't come up with his last name and maybe a 54 Corvette drag car?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  21. fatabone

fatabone

I don't think this is the same Tim his cars are 34 and older except for his Corvettes. He has never told me about a Hemi Dart or 54 Corvette drag car just a 34 Plymouth he used to drag race.

22. guffey

guffey

I think he was from Pottstown maybe I don't have a lot of memory cells left

23. fatabone

fatabone

He picked it up and put it in his smaller garage so the pics are not so great. I'll have to get some more when he gets it out but the car is in pretty good shape. The drivers door will need some attention as well as the rocker and just below the rumble lid is starting to split. It has a leaf spring rear suspension with a 49 Ford truck rear and check out the flattened spring in the front. The 221 is locked up and has a three speed trans.

Attached Files:

24. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

And it went for 19,500. Either this auction guy is pretty aware of what stuff is actually bringing in the real world these days or pretty lucky. I think I see some kind of lesson here though.

25. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

damn good start

26. noboD

noboD

Jeepers, Jr., it looks better then the before sale pics. I think he did good.

27. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

He did really good.

28. Cool... please keep us posted on what happens to the car.

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

He stole it, congrats to the buyer. My favorite deuce style is the three window.

30. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk