Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 aftermarket chassis ID, and misc. parts questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wildwest, Jan 31, 2022.

1. wildwest

wildwest

Hi, you guys were so much help on the big block/ small block thread, I figured someone might be able to answer some more questions.

I am really curious who built the chassis under the 3 window I bought. The x member is all nicely bent square tubing, and the inside of the frame rail boxing plates have oval removable panels to access the inside of the boxed rails where the brake lines, fuel lines, and main battery cable are run. Any ideas? Probably built 20 years ago at least.

Also, Any idea what kind of car this clutch/brake pedal set up came off of? It was obviously added after the main chassis was built, and seems to work pretty slick as a mechanical clutch linkage.

Also again, any clues as to what the rear end came out of? I'm 99% sure it's an 8" ford, but I would love to know what to look for brake parts for when I put a parking brake in it. It's about 56" wheel mount to wheel mount, 5 on 4 1/2" pattern, Maverick? Granada?

0131221628.jpg 0131221629.jpg 0131221629a.jpg 0131221629b.jpg 0131221634a.jpg

wicarnut and Just Gary like this.
  2. redo32

redo32

Many years ago at the Portland Roadster Show, I remember seeing the oval plates and inside the frame plumbing on a frame by Schroeder Speed and Custom. I can't remember if they did the square tube crossmembers. I tried to look them up and their website is no longer good and the last posting on facebook was 2017. Might check with @Marty Strode.

3. 31Apickup

31Apickup

The rear is an 8”, if it’s around 56.5” then it’s a Maverick. The pedal assembly looks like a modified 39 Ford assembly. Shoot some grease in those grease fittings on the pedals.

olscrounger likes this.
  4. wildwest

wildwest

I have had Schroder build me two deuce frames, one about 14 years ago and one 3 years ago and both of them have way different x/k member design, and out of round tube, and no oval plates. Not saying it couldn't be theirs, just saying the ones they built for me weren't like this one. I might give them a call and ask.

I never even thought it might be a 39 pedal !

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

At a glance the rect/square tube tie-ins are how I remember the way TCI did their chassis'.

WiredSpider, wicarnut and Rramjet1 like this.
  6. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Austin, the access plates with the hidden plumbing was the way Jim Sandlin, did his chassis 20 years ago. After he sold out, he went to work for Mike Cochran, and they continued that method. On the rear axle, 56" is the proper width for a Maverick, with a centered pinion. If, when viewed from the rear, the pot is offset, it is a standard *" Maverick. BTW, Jim last worked art So Cal, but has moved on.

anothercarguy, wicarnut and X38 like this.
  7. wildwest

wildwest

Cool, was he around Portland ? The car came out of the Olympia area, so that would make sense. I have never had anything with the lines inside the frame rail. Looks neat, just hope it doesn't leak ! makes me want to drill a tiny hole in the bottom of the rail at the low point just so I would know !!

8. redo32

redo32

@Marty Strode , Thanks for straightening me out. Their names started with S, their display in about the same place . 20 years and an old man gets confused.

Budget36 likes this.
  9. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Jim built some track style T's, and sold them as kits, along with model A chassis. When he worked at So Cal in Tualatin, he was in charge of the parts. I saw him at our local hardware store sometime back, but as far as I know he is still around.