Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 3W Coupe Lakes Racer-Thrash for TROG West

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-cal Tex, Jul 26, 2016.

1. oct 28 sanderson ford pm me your email address and I will forward you all the info with a entry form

2. brady1929

brady1929

Ron, I think it's the 29th.

3. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

4. JimmyD3234

JimmyD3234
    from PA

OOoooooo YES LOUVER THAT BABY UP NOW ITS A HOT ROD :cool::cool:

5. I scanned the info .

6. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Thanks Ron, I will see if they accept non running entries because I will not it have it done by then

7. They have no issues with non running cars just as long as its 32

8. Sorry I never ran into you at the TROG races......

9. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Yeah me too Dennis, with the rainy weather cutting the racing short I did not get to socialize like I expected, but it was still fun.

10. Where are you hiding? Summers coming and we need to meet out in the desert. Run what ya brung. El mirage?

11. LARS we can hit the streets

12. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Hey Bruce, been working on my house the last few months and dealing with deadbeat tenants..........I am going to push to have the car done by November for the El Mirage event in the works and if for some reason it doesn't happen we should do the Outlaw event we have been talking about.

13. Just keep me updated. It would be fun time.

14. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

great work,
    saving an old rod is so cool... musta been nice metal when they first went at it...
    sorry i just can't warm up to the reverse pie chop....love the channel though...

15. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Bump! For being so cool.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

16. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Well, after taking a 1 year break from working on my coupe when my son was born I finally have a little time to work on it again so here is a quick update: Finished loading the front and rear brakes with new bearings, brake shoes, wheel cylinders, then I dropped my '49 Merc engine that I have had for 10 years off at my Flathead builder, Wayne at Coyote Flathead, he painted it up Mercury Green, and he is working his magic on it, its 276ci with an Isky 77B cam, 9:1 Edelbrock heads, Edelbrock 2x2 intake with Stromberg 48s , Mallory dual point distributor, should run good with the Camaro T-5 behind it and open drive '34 rear axle. Next up is to pull the mock up engine next week when my 276 is done and tuned on the engine stand, STAY TUNED because I want to drive this by February!! IMG_0496.JPG IMG_0512.JPG IMG_0511.JPG

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AAAAH, we have progress. Keep those updates coming.

18. Such a bad ass car in person. Can't wait to see it on the road.

19. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Real men drive channeled reverse angle chop jobs!

20. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

HELL YEAH THEY do because that's the way it was done when this car was built in '41

Runnin shine likes this.
  21. Well real men get that shit done so we can race. Quit beating around the bush we still need to race. November is here. Your not backing out now are ya!!! I just got 4 Mach rings out the tail pipes of the hypersonic special so she's hauling ass right now. I also strapped three solid fuel rockets under it Incase I need to hit the RED button!!!!! :D
    Slow-caltex:rolleyes:

Runnin shine likes this.
  22. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Ouch!! Well I better get back in the garage and finish this thing because I just got called out.

Runnin shine and kidcampbell71 like this.
  23. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Okay, so Bruce shamed me into getting back into the garage on Saturday to work on my coupe and it was a productive day, My 276 ci Flathead is almost done and getting close to going on the engine test stand for break in so I needed to get some work done on the coupe before it comes home, First I had to vent my open drive converted Banjo rear axle, there are a bunch of ideas around this that relate to drilling a taping one of the bells but on an assembled axle installed in the car I needed something that would not involve drilling and metal shavings so I removed the top bolt on the right side ( away from R&P) and installed a vent bolt, a length of 1/4 inch tubing and lawn mower fuel fuel filter to let the gas escape but keep the gear oil in, topped off the rear axle with 85w-140 Gear oil . IMG_0521.JPG
    Picture is at an angle but that is the top bolt on the banjo right hand side.
    IMG_0522.JPG

Then I pulled all the hood, grill, radiator and finally got the mock up engine out and 5 spd S-10 trans so I can swap in the tail shaft from the S-10 mid shift trans to the World Class Camaro T-5 trans with better gears. While I was at it I pulled the cap on the '40 cross steer box top top it off with gear oil and it looked freshly rebuilt inside with assembly lube still in it so that was a nice to know. IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG

24. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

We made some more progress on the 276ci yesterday, unfortunately I ordered late Flathead head studs and they don;t work on the thicker early heads so I had to order another set of early head studs from Speedway, also my 48's were drilled for alcohol sometime in the past ( hot rod history??) so Wayne needs to install new emulsion tubes to get them to work on gasoline, he got the cloth plug wire made and they look great, we are still hoping to have the engine on the test stand by the end of the week.
    IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0535.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG

25. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Hypersonic is going down!
    ?

Yes I’m playing hype man on this.

paintslinger805 likes this.
  26. As a duck says. QUACK!!!!!!

Runnin shine likes this.
  27. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

My guess is Hypersonic will run out of cubic inches and gear ...........he will need more than a big cam and lightened flywheel for this nasty coupe :cool:

Runnin shine likes this.
  28. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

solid

So-cal Tex likes this.
  29. Plus he's breaking the golden rules with a late model transmission. But I'm not scared. When it's in it's on