Register now to get rid of these ads!

1931 Victoria...My First Model A build.....with pix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustahaulic, May 24, 2007.

1. I got a few more pix of the Vicky up...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

well i put a fresh 468 mild motor in the vick and went to wichita sunday and sorted it out ran pretty good for all new motor, 10.54 119 with the limiter on at about 1100 feet, prolly need to cchang emy gear from a 4.56 to a 4.11 leaves pretty good with a 1.41 60 ft.........gives ya something to compare to . with about 400 horspower..

Attached Files:

3. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, very cool.

4. Rathbone

Rathbone

Wicked Vicky.

5. Here's a couple more shots as promised...

Here's one of the floors and 6 speed..old tank is cut out now to.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

T56! YES! McLeod shifter, I presume? Really want one after seeing it at SEMA...

... guess I should just concentrate on getting mine running with the stock shifter first. :eek:

Great progress! Lookin' good! That intake alone will intimadate a few people. LOL!

7. I was gonna put on the Hillborn but it just didn't block the drivers vision enough...then I scored a set of 660 center squirters for my tunnelram...So that is what I'm goin with...
    So for those of you who will inquire...I already sold the Hilborn sorry...
    [​IMG]

here's one of my buddy Brad Starks (BS Customs) who I couldn't have done this without, I give much thanks for his help and input...and whom you will see much more of in the hotrod fab scene (see last months Rod and Custom for a feature on one of his creations, a black and red T touring 4 banger) He's a young guy with vision and talented beyond his years...
    This will give ya an idea how she sits in perspective to a 6 footer
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

hope to have more soon with painted frame and motor, with a grill shell and radiator, swinging suicide doors, steering and a rollcage...and correct tires, a set firestones skinnies and a set of firestone cheater slicks 30x10.50 on my Halibrand knockoffs...

8. That Hillborn was badass! Are you still looking for a finned timing cover? I assume the cover with the fuel pump went with the Hillborn setup. had a problem with the one from Moon, wouldn't fit under a long water pump, just a heads up.

9. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

suicide doors will help like a parachute to stop with , just hit the latch and hang on . hehe................be sure and use a suicide latch that is or can be operated from the outside to run at a nhra or ihra track ?

10. RD, Yea I'm still looking for a finned SBC timing cover, hope to find one soon...I'll be painting the 383 soon and need it to have it powder coated at the same time as all my other aluminum motor accessories...

Thanks Sam...always with the jokes...hopefully I won't need a parachute with 4 wheel discs(I know not so traditional but I believe stoppin fast, to be as important as goin fast...
    As far as the outside door latch goes I'll have to give that some thought...I wasn't planning on having one..maybe I'll just hang a can opener on the outside of the car from a string...NHRA approved string of course!

11. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

well if it twists at all and comes open its a bitch and if you put suicide latches on it, it has to be operated from the outside if you have a problem ie acident and someone needs to get it open for you, and for the record i have 4 wheel discs too and it stops on a dime for sure... lookin good man, I m havin fun with mine for sure .......

12. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

man i love this vicky PLEASE do a tech on the frame rails there so bad ass!

13. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

lots of progress since ive seen it last. looks cool . That hill born set up looks cool on there. and the stance is cool

14. I bought a 35 Chevy grille shell at Frogfollies..but don't think I'm gonna use it...but it looks better then no grille and shell at all.....
    Thanks for all the great comments on the frame, As per the frame tech requests, I will post a more elaborate tech on the frame build as soon as I get them downloaded...
    Here's one new pic from today..
    [​IMG]

15. Use a painted 30-31 shell Chris.......
    I really like the way the car is coming along..looks great!
    Tell Brad I enjoyed talking to him and you guys have done a bangup job in record time ,there....Later.:D

16. Thanks Kenny...I know... Brad has been tellin the same thing to...32's bore me and are overdone (at least for me), I was just hoping for somthing a little more exotic...you know me...
    I just picked up a perfect set of 32 stainless, sealed beam up-graded lights and the same guy hase a paintable 30-31 I could p/u as well...I'll try that and see how it looks...I'll talk to ya soon...Chris~

17. Markgyver

Markgyver

If you decide not to use that grill let me know I might be intrested in buying it. No hurry though since you are alot further along than me.:)

18. Markgyver: Thanks for the interest, Sorry...already promised the grille to someone else...

19. Rpmrex

Rpmrex
    from Indiana

Did you ever get to drivin this? Im wondering how the air ride front did.

20. Got my new cheater slicks...
    31x10.50x15 and my Halibrand clones...
    Lovin her new profile...
    She looks like a "Hotwheels"car. Sweet!
    DSCF0170.jpg

21. Here's one more

Picture 447.jpg

22. OK per the requests for a better pic of the Merc...here's a couple..[​IMG]

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i had no idea you knew kid rocks ugly brother???? :D:D
    lookin good chris!:) and thanks for the birthday wish on myspace..i need to learn how to work that damn site!:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

24. Moved into a new shop this weekend my buddies showed up in force to move my stuff and my Vicki and brought BIG HELP.....what ya'll figure bout half a hp?..
    unless he's on the juice of course, (code red mountain dew and redbull)...just had to share...
    [​IMG]

25. one more: I'll be adding a bunch of up-dated build pix and the new shop as soon as they hook up the hi-speed at the new place...
    [​IMG]

Oh yea everyone, meet "Apollo" future hotrod hoodlum..

26. Ok, so it's been too long since I updated this build,
    but hell the car has been sitting quite a while. I've built and did countless others...I feel, but everynow and then ya just have to let one sit, season if you will.
    I have a couple of current pix...I'll be adding some new ones soon, I have a bunch of new parts on the way and a deal cooking to buy a new mill and that will have a lot to do with the progress...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

31 Vicki pix 013.jpg

31 Vicki pix 015.jpg