Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1931 Vicki UPDATE "No name yet"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustahaulic, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Just wanted to say hello to my fellow A.V.R.G. members.

I know a few of you are aware of my on-going 31 Vicki build...

Just wanted to put up a few pix and give a little update on whats going on...Parts I've added, directions I'm going ect...

First off, finally decided on the stance...
    Low and mean..

I have a blown small-block chevy lined up
    with 3 deuces, on the way soon...
    As well as a Doug Nash 5pd hopefully...

Evil-huffed! w/overdrive!
    Loud and Fast with 3 pedels...

Found a vintage moon-tank last weekend.
    (Totally-STOKED).

Six point cage is coming next
    along with custom hairpins...
    I'll be posting pix of that build...

Here's what I got for now...more to come...

And as I mentioned in the title, I still have no name for her yet, hopefully something comes along soon...

31 Vicki pix 016.jpg

31 Vicki pix.jpg

31 Vicki pix 001.jpg

31 Vicki pix 002.jpg

2. sodas38

sodas38

Starting to look nasty, the broom is a nice touch.

3. El Bombero

El Bombero

I have your car's sister. I bought it in 1986. I hope you finish yours sooner than I will.

Attached Files:

4. Thanks, Yea I knew it wouldn't be long before the brooms comments came along..but the moon tank HAD to be mocked up and I still need the broom occasionally...
    so we had to compromise:D...

5. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

its looking good

6. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

how about "Clean Sweep"

:D

Looks cool!

7. Love that!...tell me yer workin on her!...I get to Tucson quite often...love to see it sometime...
    If all goes as planned my Vicki will be running for the Hotrod Reunion in Bowling Green, KY in June 09' and have all the bugs worked out to attend the HAMB Drags in Aug 09'

8. metalman

metalman

I like it! I really wanted to leave the fenders off of the Vic I'm building but my partner wanted to have them, he want a cushy "street rod" out of it when we started on it, we don't want to go back and change it now. Since he's paying for this one I'll have to wait for another. Something about a hot rod Vicky, mmmm.

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a question... Is that the original cowl for that car? I guess I didn't realize that 1931 Vickys had straight windshield posts. I thought they were all slanted. Never really thought about it until now though. Definitely a 31 firewall.

10. You are correct...All Vicki's had slanted windshields and doors as far as I know...when I got this one the original was long gone, so I opted to do what I could and use a sedan cowl and doors...Yes it is 31 or so the title I have says (31 Ford 2 dr "unspecified") but the rear could be 30 or 31 I suppose, only Henry knows...and he ain't tellin...
    It's grown on me now and I actually like it better with the straight A pillars, to me it looks more aggressive...and it makes it look just that little bit different...

11. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Okay! Great! I'm not dillusional then! HAHAHA! :D:D I think you've done a great job of bringing the two together and I like it even BETTER knowing that a true standard post Vicky doesn't exist. :D:D

If the firewall was original to that cowl, it should be a 31 cowl. I think the firewalls with the teardrop were only made in '31.

Keep up the good work and keep the update posts coming.

12. Thanks Russ...
    I guess he sold the "Agent Orange" car to a non HAMBer...cause it's disappeared...I was hopin he'd hold on to that as I was looking forward to racing him at the HAMB Drags...
    I guess I'll just have to find a new "Vicki Nemesis"...

13. Maybe,...Do you have a pic of that piece?

14. Did you ever get a pic of that bustle piece DRuss?:confused:

15. Cool no rush...I was just curious what it looked like...thanks, Rust~

16. Very nice... looks good...lemme know what ya want for it...I PM'd ya my phone number...Thanks, Rust~

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for the update, kind of miss my '32 Vicky project. That firewall is a late '31 with the gas shutoff indented area.