Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1931 Model A pick up on original 32' rails

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by honkytonk64, Oct 24, 2016.

1. honkytonk64

honkytonk64
    from knoxville

City: knoxville

State: Tennessee
    Price: $20k
    1931 Model A pick up on original 32' rails. The truck was sectioned 4" way back and is NOT chopped. The chassis is boxed and the truck is titled as a 1932 Ford 2 door to the number on the chassis.

Body: custom floors and tunnel. sandblasted and epoxy primed. The back of the cab is dented up but all of the rust was repaired the right way. The only rust in the whole cab is some light pinholes in the very bottom of the doors. The bed is hand made and the lower bed floor is made to fit the 32 rails. It has a brookville passenger car floor for a bed. The grill shell is handmade to fit a 4 1/2 inch shorter 32' radiator. Chassis is pinched so if you want to run a duece shell just cut the frame horns and shorten it.

The dash is a real 32 dash with a champion insert and new SW guages. The headlights are real 32 Commercial w/ halogen conversions. The gas tank is a new TANKS 32 tank and the tail lights are repro 32' commercial. All new glass and rubber, New window regulators. All new wood kit clear coated and installed, New door latches, Handles, and strikers.

Chassis: real 32' rails boxed with brookville boxing plates. All Tig welded with round tube crossmembers. 4" dropped tube with 46-48 front wish bones and the spring mounted behind the axle w/ friction shocks. Fully rebuilt Juice Brakes w/ 48 ford spindles with new kingpins and bushings. The steering is a custom cowl steer using a reversed 68 Mustang box.

Rear is a 9" from an early bronco, 40' ford posie front spring mounted out back with 48 ford rear bones and a panhard bar. same friction shocks in the rear as the front. all new brakes in the rear, new axle seals and bearings with a 3:25 open rear. This chassis has all new hardware, Brake, and Fuel lines. NO JUNK

Wheels & Tires: New Coker 750-16 firestones in the rear and New Coker 425/450-16 firestones up front. The wheels are original 46 Ford 16" X 4" in the front and 16" X 4.5" in the rear

Engine and Trans: 1965 Ford 289 block rotating assembly. 1969 351 Windsor heads, screw in studs, guide plates. The intake is a, old edelbrock F4B with a 650 double pump holley. Original Cal Custom valve covers and oil pan. New Mallory unilite mechanical advance dist. The engine was very fresh when I got it out of a 65 mustang. The truck got 17 miles to the gallon to and from Bowling Green KY Hot Rod reunion and runs super strong and reliable. The trans is a very rare small input top loader 4 speed out of a 70 fairlane. It's close ratio with a Hurst Competition Plus. Custom headers high temp coated black with full 304 stainless 2.5" exhaust.

MODEL 5.jpg
    The truck was built by Barillaro Speed Emporium. The truck could be done very nice if someone wanted to do the bodywork and paint it nice. I would be glad to answer any questions about the truck and I am sure there is a lot I am missing in my description so please feel free to ask.

Attached Files:

Scott Mannion likes this.