Register now to get rid of these ads!

1931 Ford Tudor Vin Location/info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joe T Creep, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

I've searched the previous articles and I couldnt find all the correct information I needed.
    I was wondering where the vin was located. I heard on the drivers side of the frame on the top? Where at if not there? On the body anywhere?
    Also, Does anyone have any examples of id numbers? How many digits are in it? Does a tudor always start with a specific order or number?
    Pictures even?

Thanks guys.

2. 31aBoy

31aBoy

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Model Ts and As were registered by the Engine number stamped in the engine above the water inlet on the driver's side of the block.
    The numbers for As begin with a five-pointed star, the letter A (passenger and commercial, pickup), the sequential number, and another five-pointed star. There is no numbering by body style or anything except engine assembly. Engines may have shown up on the assembly line as much as two or three after production and numbering.
    1931 numbers begin with A4237501 and end with A4830806.

Some frames may have numbers stamped on the driver's side rail under the left front corner of the body behind the front body mount bolt hole. I have parted out many, many Model As and have never found a number on a frame, but that's just me.