Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1931 Ford 3W Build "Marilyn"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DylanHill1931, Nov 14, 2016.

1. IMG_0617.PNG This will be the build thread for my All Steel 1931 Ford 3 Window coupe

2. [​IMG] here is the body I am building, I got it as a Christmas gift from my father is also my birthday and Christmas present for the next 4 years lol but I greatly appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Looks like a nice body.What is the plan?

DylanHill1931 likes this.

4. This is an old pic I will be posting pics to get up to date on here it will be an all traditional car built to hopefully race in TROG I have a 52 Ford flathead truck motor (needs rebuilt) I need a trans still, 40 juice banjo rear etc.

chryslerfan55 and Tim like this.
  5. [​IMG] here is the body apart waiting to be blasted sorry for all the effects to these

chryslerfan55, volvobrynk and Stogy like this.
  6. Good plan.Following.

Kreepea_1 and DylanHill1931 like this.
  7. chryslerfan55 likes this.
  8. [​IMG] here is the body after sandblasting and "vise gripped" together

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. chryslerfan55 and 1927graham like this.
  10. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] the driver side quarter is ready for church lol a little holy

11. [​IMG] the frame I brush blasted and white blasted the corners and wherever the metal joins together

12. [​IMG] picked up an original front setup just planning on using the steering column and box but got it free so!!
    [​IMG] I got a really good deal on two complete flathead motors and am able to use one but needs rebuilt and am working with a shoe string budget so we'll see [​IMG] got one tore down and checked EVERYWHERE for cracks! ITS GOOD [​IMG] got all my parts in one spot except for the flatheads [​IMG] also started to do metal work to the ds quarter as it's the worst piece of the car [​IMG] made a patch for the corner it turned out okay but I'm not happy with it [​IMG] hooked the ds together just because lol [​IMG] [​IMG] got this 1940 Ford Juice Banjo for it [​IMG] went to a local swap meet and got a really good deal on a 4" SuperBell dropped axel [​IMG] Stretched the door 6" to match the length of the Ford Vicky doors [​IMG] stretched the inside of the door as well even though it will be covered up oh well [​IMG] tried my hand at TIG welding [​IMG] cut the body back 6" to match the door [​IMG] hooked everything together! [​IMG] picked up this roof top off of a car some friends of mine are making a roadster out of! [​IMG] here is the car [​IMG] my dad goofing around in my chop top Coupe haha [​IMG] I got the old roof cut out, someone did a bad job welding it in and warped the top pretty bad and used bondo to hide it [​IMG] these are the taillights I'm using on my Brookeville rear panel [​IMG] here is how it sits currently!

13. slv63

slv63

Looks good. I'm excited to see how the 3 window turns out, as I've only seen that same picture of one.

14. slv63

slv63

15. Thank you, I wanted to build a traditional hotrod but wanted it to be a little dif than the other builds there is a model A that a guy built in Switzerland I believe [​IMG]

16. I'm thinking of 1932 Washington Blue, I have 16" wire wheels but am looking for steel rims, it will be fenderless with shortened splash aprons to resemble a '32 frame, 3spd trans with zephyr gears firestone tractor style tires up front and cheater slicks in the back, doing a 2.5-3" chop undecided as to which chop at the moment, red Naugahyde interior, I could go on but I don't wanna bore ya lol

17. swifty straights

swifty straights

Anymore up dates on your car? I like the 3 window look! Your doing a good job!

Sent from my XT1650 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. Not at the moment but soon, will take more pics soon! Thank you very much

19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dylan your smile says it all (and Dads too)...Your direction and choice of body style are both great and look forward to your moving forward.
    I'm still really surprised still, one that Henry canned it at the time and two...that more haven't taken on similar transformations.
    Quite a resurrection going on there pit by pit. Thats one damn lucky car. The earth was winning the battle...
    Have fun and good on you. Keep on sharing.

20. Thank you very much! I really appreciate that and I could not be happier and just hope I can make everyone proud of it and hopefully make Henry Ford happy up there as well! I have only seen a hand full of the 3 window cars and some are glass bodies and yes we started with a very rough body and as you and my dad said it's not a restoration it's a resurrection lol! And as soon as I can get back over I will be taking more pics for y'all!! Thank you again!

21. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Super ambitious. .looks like you got the skills. I'll be following, I hope you make TROG.

22. verde742

verde742

KID, You got guts !!! I HATE guts..

DylanHill1931 and chiro like this.
  23. Thank you very much I am glad everyone likes it so far! Wasn't sure if it would be appreciated or not, and I really hope so too that'd be a dream come true

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  24. Hahaha thank you and I hope that's a compliment lol ha

loudbang likes this.
  25. [​IMG] not much getting done right now as I've been working 3rd shift and sleeping days doesn't allow alt of time before I go back out to work on it but stay tuned progress will be uploaded soon back on Days now (I work a rotating schedule) Thank you to Everyone for all the nice words and interest in the build! It is very much appreciated!

26. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

Keep up the good work. Gary

volvobrynk and DylanHill1931 like this.
  27. quickrack-alan

quickrack-alan
    from Ireland

28. Thank you!

tomschev2 likes this.