Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1931 Chevy project from newer FREE Junkyard Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rob in NH, May 19, 2010.

1. WOW I haven't been here in a good 5-7+ years according to my HAMB profile (just updated)

Name is Rob in NH.. I'm 42 with 4 kids a 3-yo Grandson and a Beautiful Wife of 22 years this July 15th.. (shh she bought me the Millermatic) So just having time to build anything is indeed a MIRACLE.. as "Time is short and Monies are even shorter"

Oh yeah.. the Car.. Well It's a 1931 Chevrolet 2-Door Sedan that had a rotted roof.. I bought it 9 years ago and after completely taking it apart and putting it back together in a part by part process using newer stuff - Trying to keep with the "Traditional Rod Look" as much as possible is not EASY when most of those Old Parts aren't CHEAP.. But I have a friend with a Junkyard so the newer stuff or anything that comes in was FREE...

Suspension Parts:
    1966' Chevy Van front I-Beam with Iroc rear Rotors over the OEM Van Hubs..
    1986' 305 Monte Motor TH400 Trans (both FREE) a 350 can come later on..
    Ford Explorer 8.8 Rear Axle (3:55) the "Baby 9" - $100 for TWO!
    Air Ride front and rear (almost invisible when assembled) HIDDEN is a good word..
    Model T high-arch rear spring - Just for that Old Skool LOOK when your behind me..
    Banjo Steering Wheel.. FREE!! and in need of a semi-restoration..
    S-10 Blazer Steering Column Shaft (in a tube) with a Jeep Laredo Steering Shaft & U-Joints..
    71' Manual Steering Box with Stainless Steering Rods in Cross-Steering Fashion..

This might sound too NEW for some of you but have a look at how I MODIFY things to be OLDER than they appear.. AMEN!

I have 40 Videos on YouTube on the Car to show whoever is interested..
    Let me say it again.. FOUR KIDS - I took what I could get for FREE and made what you SEE..

Please welcome me back?? :^)

(LINK BELOW TO VIDEOS)
    Be ready for it you might be in that Chair for a good hour or more..

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. Frank

Frank

Right on, man! Is it just up to video #9 or are there more?

3. There's 40 as of a few days ago.. click the PLAYLIST link.. I think it's on the first Video?

The link in my signature should play all 40 in order now.. Just sit back and let them load.. NO clicking needed ! and Thank You for the compliment..

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  4. thads31

thads31

Welcome back.
    I think you've had that longer than 9 years. We're in the decade club baby!

5. Were all getting older than Dirt eh Thad! - Actually I picked it up in 2001 it's 2010..

9!

6. patman

patman

Live free or die, right? :)

7. The only State to have a Quote with the word "DIE" in it.. Yep!

I'm in ManchVegas Pat.. You??

8. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

He's back from the dead! :D

Glad to see your still kickin & screamin Rob.;)

9. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Our kids will probably have rods of their own before we get ours done! ;)

10. Welcome back, you may find the amount of Chevrolets on the HAMB has increased since you were last here.

11. Indeed! - Hopefully we have all restored some Chevy STEEL out of the ground insteads of making Fiberglas replica's of what once was.. right!

UPDATE: My 4-Link is on the way from Canada.. a nice place called welderseries.com - I previously bought an "over the intake" Alternator mount from them and it was incredible.. Makes my Engine look like it has an old Generator..

Then after it's all said and done.. what do I find? an OEM Generator at a FleaMarket NEW in the box $20 bucks.. If I got a regulator could I make that work??

I was just running wires for the Alternator the other day.. the plan of course is to go with all OEM Color Codes for say a 1896 Monte Carlo. Check it out on my little H.A.M.B. Sub-Page... The LAST Video shows me messing with wires...

http://ammoman.com/hamb/

Yesterday it hit 90-Degrees here.. Today just as HOT.. I don't intend to do much but say SWIM in the Lake after Work.. We shall see!

Have a Great Day..

Rob

12. Hey Jim how's my Kid's doin?? Getting BIG eh!.. I'm up to Video #63 IF you haven't checked in lately.. all going good.. gotta LOVE building the Lake Exhaust.. lotta FUN! -Rob

13. mink

mink
    from CT

Evelyn? Wow i used to follow you build until you had to enter a viewing password

14. There really was no password.. just a hidden link.. all you had to do was ask.. I had an Ahole in the group who's now gone.. blocked by IP.. :^)

Anyways.. Haven't been here in a few Months.. and I'm up to Video #73 so don't miss it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Rj...D64DBC404&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1

Rob