Register now to get rid of these ads!

1930 model a sedan delivery whats it worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choppwatchagot, May 18, 2010.

1. choppwatchagot

choppwatchagot

ok im trading my triumph project for this and its not what i want so im probably going to sell it or trade it for somthing else but i dont have a clue what its worth
    any help?
    no paper work no fenders aor hoo but it does come with what you see and two grill shells and a stright axel

2. choppwatchagot

choppwatchagot

sorry forgot the pics

Attached Files:

3. choppwatchagot

choppwatchagot

and a few more

Attached Files:

4. choppwatchagot

choppwatchagot

ok the last one

Attached Files:

5. hemifarris

hemifarris

It's a '28 or '29, not a '30......

6. choppwatchagot

choppwatchagot

well theres a start i was told it was a 30 but like i sead this isent my kindof car

7. custom53

custom53

i dont think it is a real sedan delivery. it looks like some one filled the side windows and put a coupe door on the back.

8. choppwatchagot

choppwatchagot

any one have a clue what its worth

9. cretin

cretin

That's what I was thinking.
    I would stay away from that if I was you especially since it's not what you really want, but that's just my opinion.
    Sorry, not really sure what it's worth.

10. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

What's it worth? I don't know, how high is up?

11. choppwatchagot

choppwatchagot

come on guys i just want opinions on what its worth a guesstament

12. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

something hacked up like that may be able to fetch $1000-2500. i would be shocked to see it go that high or higher though. its gonna need a hell of a lot of work

personally, i would pass on it. its gonna be too hard to resell something that far gone

13. choppwatchagot

choppwatchagot

thanks that is what im looking for iv looked and looked and it seams like every picture i find of a sedan delivery the rear door looks the same as this one but im going to have to go look and see just to be shoure

if all else fails anyone interested in a triumph :)

14. choppwatchagot

choppwatchagot

ok ok the more and moore i look at these pictures i can see the wrongs thanks guys i just notesed how the rear door body line is too wide and dosent match the side panals

15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Keep the bike.

Let this one go. It is someones aborted project, and should be left that way.

16. $150 a ton...

Being in Texas, who knows, it might fetch $2500 up here as a roller with a good body and the title isn't an issue, but I would imagine it's easier to find a decent one where you are. You'd have to gussy it up to sell it most likely. I wouldn't get into it if you don't know them and aren't into them -

17. The red Ford truck in the back ground would be worth much more than the hacked up Model A. HRP

18. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I agree with Hotrodprimer, the 55-56 Ford pickup in the background would be worth more that this model A, and is in better shape. Trade for it. You could use it for a driver, or sell it. Or, hold out for what you really want.

19. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'll second that.:)

20. nutajunka

nutajunka

Whats the triumph worth, plus your time moving the A and then sitting on it for awhile or selling it for what kind of profit your looking for. It may be hacked, but you know people have started with less, I would say 500 easy to 2500 for someone who likes to dream that has plenty of patience, and money. I'm sure the right person is out there somewhere for that job.

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

$500...maybe $350 if the guy helps you get it outa there..

22. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

$500-$750 is all I would pay, but thats just me.

23. Okay, I was kidding with the scrap metal price, $350 up here buys two good doors and maybe a front axle with nothing on it. Looks like the bottom of it is solid with the subrails in it - just that bottom structure is worth the $350 or so. Putting a real price on it is difficult without examining the quality of the work in person - if it's shitty and has to be redone, maybe $1000, if it's nice work and just needs cleaning/paint, more. Model A's aren't too bad to sell if you're patient.

24. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Maybe get the guy to throw in the truck. That would even up the scales a bit!

25. alchemy

alchemy

My brother is a total Model A scrounge, and he would not pay $300 for that. The doors look WAY to rusty, the quarters are butchered, the back panel is ruined, and the frame is toast. Maybe the subrails are savable, and maybe the cowl as well. What's a subrail/cowl worth? About $250.

26. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

it appears as tho it is a tudor filled in & different door in the back . i think you have found a money pit that is never going to be worth alot . probably best to rat rod it . less money in so more money out . to bad its not real . it is only worth what you think it is to you !!! ................ steve

27. kingofthestreet

kingofthestreet

$350 Max and you better be a really good bodyman/welder. I would personally just pass and look for another project on the DFW craigslist or hit the Lagrave Field swap meet on June 26th. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

28. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

A couple of hundred........

29. mj40's

mj40's

Buy the rider lawn mower. You could make more cash from that.

30. $ 150.00 max!