Register now to get rid of these ads!

1930 Model A Sedan build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Icedfire01, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Icedfire01

Icedfire01

Hey everyone! Been lurking on the site for a while now and decided I'd throw my VERY early on build on here for all to follow. Should you choose to stay with me through this, you'll see a Model A go from rusty, bare bones metal transform into an amazing ride I hope to drive ALL the time.

Here is a photo of what I have to start with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I plan on chopping, channeling and sectioning it to make it a nice hot rod.

Hope you guys enjoy following with me. Thanks!

2. Icedfire01

Icedfire01

Forgot to mention, I've currently got it all braced together and will be starting on cutting out the bottom and installing patch panels all around. After that I hope to start on the frame.

Speaking of which, I still need a few parts for my coming work. Anyone have any of the following I could get at a good price?

-Historical Document (28-31)
    -1935 Ford wire wheels
    -Model A windshield frame

Thanks!

3. Car

Car
    from the desert

Cool project, what are the plans?

4. Noland

Noland

looks like a start. Having build rebuilt a model A of close to the same condition. no bottoms, no subrails. Ive found that I like to build the body on the frame this way I know it will fit. I think it would be hard to build the body before you have the frame to fit it to. good luck

5. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

Ill bite, glad your building a HOT rod not a %#$rod. Good Luck!

6. I like it can't wate to see more pics just get down and dirty with it I am also building a 1930 ford sedan check out the link

7. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

I second Noland. If you plan to channel it, it will work better to have your chassis set up then fit the body. You need to build your sub floor around the chassis...

Good luck!
    Jay

8. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

Yes good point check out my blog for some pics of how my buddy Paul (28ModelA) channeled his 28 sedan with a subframe.

9. Icedfire01

Icedfire01

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm gonna put that patches on it to section it. Then I'm gonna build a frame out of 2x3 box. Then channel it over that frame, and add the subfloor, so thanks for the advice.

10. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

it will be fun to see this one get saved, make sure to keep us updated with lots of pics.

11. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Good luck with the build. take plenty of pics and post as you go

12. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Where are the updates on this build? I used 2x3x 3/16 myself. 2 years on the road and still rolling strong...

13. Jasper6120

Jasper6120
    from Australia

Any updates? Would be great to see this Model A saved