Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1930 Model A Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by billthx138, Oct 18, 2009.

1. I cut up a nice one, didn't bother me at all, like they say, It take balls to cut up a good one.

Vic Walter likes this.
  2. crider

crider

Sweet project!! I would love to have found one this nice to start my build with. Keep up the great work

3. Tank

Tank

Evidenally nothing you have seen.

4. -Brent-

-Brent-

x2!

5. twinkey

twinkey

awsome build!

6. billthx138

billthx138

Ralph, here are the frame dimensions that I used on my project. I hope this helps.

Attached Files:

7. Labold

Labold

Looks great, keep up the good work!

As far as it being too nice to cut up... You paid for it, do as you please.

8. anyone can restore a car
    it takes a real man to cut one up.
    awesome car
    your a lucky guy to have such clean raw material to work with.
    all the model as for sale around here are mostly field cars rotted up to the windows.

9. billthx138

billthx138

Bottom line, if it wasn't for the original hot rodders cutting up and modifying those jalopies back during the birth of this hobby/sport we would all be like Henry Ford.....you can have it any color as long as it is black. Anyway, it is still up to us to keep this hobby alive as it is obvious that Big Brother Government is hell bent to exterminate it forever!!! Soon you will all be mandated to drive smart cars and any change from stock with be a punishable crime. Not for me.

Anybody can restore a car(if the government allows) but it takes a real man to cut one up!!!

10. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

cut that.jpg

awesome build!!!!

11. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

Hey Bill, I can't believe all the flack coming from some of these members. We need updates as you go please. My son and I just sold a rough '30 body and this is the route we're going too. We are looking at original or restored cars to cut up. Steven.

12. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Thanks for the measurements Bill. Great job on your car, mines not all rusted out, but it is rough in places. I wish it was as clean as yours, Modify the crap out of it, after all isn't that what this is all about?

13. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Hey Bill would you be interested in selling the rear bumper and luggage rack off your coupe? If so, let me know what condition they're in and what price you're thinking.

thanks,
    Aman

14. billthx138

billthx138

Sorry, all the stock stuff is long gone thanks to online auction site, and the hunger for dry desert vintage parts.

15. 117harv

117harv

Couldn't have said it better!

16. PoPo

PoPo

I LOVE IT. CHOP IT MODIFY IT, DO IT!!!

I have an A and its in HORRIBLE condition so I'm jealous, but I might need some measurements myself so I'm subscribed to the end!!

17. Very cool start. I recently learned of a fully restored stocker, a deluxe rumble seat coupe with roll down rear window and all..... For 5 grand...... And I am paying 2K+ for a hurt ass body most likely....... Fucking rust belt...... I would axe-murder a family of 5 to have rust free desert tin......

James

18. jason12872

jason12872

Nice build, I'm working on a 1930 also, I looked over the chassis plans and see it says you don't have to pinch frame rails for 30-31 body.Was wondering if this was the case on your build. I have a set of ASC rails and about to chop and channel also.My 30 pickup was rusted out and had a 12 foot pine tree growing inside. For my Coupe build I bought the nicest body I could find. Chop and Channel was the way to go.

19. billthx138

billthx138

Jason, My chassis is pinched and narrowed for a '29 -'29 A body. That is the perfect dimensions for the '30 - '31 body to slide over the rails for the channel. Here is the dimensions I used:

Attached Files:

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

anyone can restore it..but it takes a real man to cut one up..
    go for it..dont know how i missed the start of this thread,, but looks good to me

you said it in post #99

21. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

At least you could have NOT put a small block chevy in it. How boring-

22. superchiicken

superchiicken

Wow ..nice.. I'm about to start on my project any advice. I'm thinking to start of with a 30-31 frame.. I dig that channel. I think i just might need to borrow that idea. I got the engine .. Is a start,,keep us posted..

23. billthx138

billthx138

Wow, It has been a while since I have worked on the coupe. And I must say that it does feel invigorating to do so again. It is beginning to look like a car again. The two inch chopped radiator and the headlights go a long way, but the tri-power is just...Wow! Anyway, the solid lifter 283 is done and waiting to be picked up at the machine shop. Next step is to get this baby up on it's wheels and tires.

Attached Files:

24. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

Bill, Looks like your doing it the right way. That car needs a flathead...just my .02

25. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

Look's like it's gonna be a sweet ride... Keep up the good work... It's hard to beat an A Coupe on Deuce rails...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  26. lowongas

lowongas

Maybe I am seeing things...but isnt this car for sale on EBAY..?? I SWEAR they look the same..hope not.

27. Bill, followed you build , super job, great pictures , thanks ,,,Sam

28. 31fordV860

31fordV860

I dunno , i know it's just paint, but there is something sinister about an all black Stock A.

In a weird way it cries hoodlum...

29. drchopper

drchopper

I am not trying to be a dick but herego's , it appears the radiator shell is higher than the top of the cowl ??? I had to cut mine about 5" to get it right . my .02

car look s badass and that floor is awesome !!!!!!!!!

30. billthx138

billthx138

Dont thinks so........must be a copy cat!! This one is too sweet to sell for any price.