Register now to get rid of these ads!

1930 Ford Model A-- Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Eye Bill, May 4, 2011.

1. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

2. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

NO!

$1k for a beat up old chassis, cowl and busted grill shell isn't a great deal. I'd give him $500 tops, if I don't have to dispose of that sweet pallet.

4. davidh73750

davidh73750

too me its fair market price not a screaming deal. Looks like you have a frame and cowl to work with.

5. dudley32

dudley32

don't think so..as with most cars the bodys are the first to go..if you just want something to play with..yeah...but much, much less...just my opinion...

6. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

NO! Three strikes your out!!!:D

7. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

Does it come with the tire chain? Like it says if you're building a rat ro...I can't even say it. NO!

8. 30roadster

30roadster

think about it this way... for $3k you can buy a nice half finished project and be way ahead of the game.

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

10. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

$600 to $1000 - doors
    $800 to $2000 - coupe/truck backhalf
    $3000

$3k ??????????????????????

11. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

definately talk him down. It look like it may drive?

12. justanotherguy

justanotherguy

13. Jim Cande

Jim Cande

No way....It depends on what you hope to end up with.....but starting with this ...$500....tops

14. Are you guys nuts? Try to buy a cowl,chassis,grill shell,front axle,unsplit wishbone,two rear axles,a four banger,gearbox and rims for less than a grand.

15. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

It's true, the sum of the value if parted out would probably come close to $1k, BUT, there are waaaaaay better deals out there. That's the point, he's asking if it's a good deal, which it isn't in my opinion. I could cobble that together from parts available to me locally right now for about $600 and it would be nicer. The most expensive part about it would be the running chassis, and I've seen several in the past, and know of at least one right now that could be had for $300-$400

16. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

The above post makes a point...Individual parts would most likely exceed 1G, but....If your looking to buy a car...I'd look elsewhere. If this has a clear and clean title it would be more attractive, but otherwise all your buying is parts...That may not be usable in your vision of a finished car anyway.

I'd pass..

17. aojo

aojo

Drunk Man.. you better lay down a while until the "buy" fever passes. Looking into the future of this project I see nothing but pain and suffering... as Shooter 54 sez.. there are way better project cars out there.

18. Cowls go for $300-$400 alone then it's got a rad shell with a radiator. But I would still try and talk him down. Try and offer him around $600 and see what happens.

19. fasttrain49

fasttrain49

don't walk away from a great deal like this................just run away......fast..........

20. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

What would you do with it if you bought it???? Try to find a project that you could use the parts on??? Buy the project first, then you'll know if you need any of the parts. Yea, there's prolly a grand in parts, but you'll tie your money up for maybe a year and you'll never sell all the parts. What will you do if a good deal comes along in the meantime???

21. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Well, that's a good bunch of feedback, I appreciate the knowledge you all have displayed.

I offered him 500 bucks, waiting to hear back.

Thanks to everyone.

22. flatford39

flatford39

Absolutely No!!!! That pile of used parts is probably worth about a $100.00 if that.

23. Yeah wait until the carshow season gets here and everyone gets the fever to build something the prices should go down.:rolleyes:

24. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Just got a reply back that he has an offer of $800.00 on it so I guess I missed out. This stuff doesn't show up around here to often.

Oh well, not really to put out about it.

Thanks for all replies.

25. brad chevy

brad chevy

You didn"t miss out for $800, something else will come along.

26. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Wasn't looking for anything really, this just showed up and I kinda got the I want feeling.

I've got a couple of Mopar projects that need to be finished before I start anything else.

27. OLLIN

OLLIN

Its probably worth it in parts, a couple hundred for the frame, a couple for the cowl, etc..

But I would not buy it unless I REALLY wanted to build a boat tail speedster or something..

28. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

i just bought a coupe & drove it home for 3k ................. steve