Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1930 Ford A-V8 Roadster Project

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by radioFlyer55, Oct 14, 2022.

1. radioFlyer55

radioFlyer55

City: Eastville (23347)

State: Virginia
    Price: $7500 OBO
    [I started this project about 15 years ago by mistakenly buying a POS for too much $$$, here on the H.A.M.B. one night at 2:00 AM while drunk. It was a learning experience for sure.Some other interesting things I learned:
    • Did you know it is possible to patch large rust holes in the frame with empty coffee cans and bondo?
    • Did you know its OK to cut off one of the header tubes if it interferes with the steering shaft?
    • Did you know that you can do body work with a hatchet as long as you have lots of bondo?
    I didn't know any of that before I went to pick up the "car" in Vermont.
    So, after tossing the old frame, boxing a new frame, discarding shitty fiberglass doors and lots of other fun stuff, I started to build what I thought would be a decent AV8 car. I worked at it for probably 5 years before other things in life caught up with me, I moved from NJ to VA, brought the car along in pieces, and there it sat in the shed for the past 7 years until about 3 days ago when I finally faced up to the fact that I was never going to finish it. So that's why I am here today.
    I just put the car together a bit this week, so it looks like a car and not a sad pile of rusty junk. Anyway all of the outdoor photos are new, follow, sort of in reverse chronology, are some photos from way back when (~2008).
    So here are the details- It is/was a real roadster, with some pretty rusty Henry Ford steel, but with additions. The quarter panel in particular are patched. There is no rear deck lid, the doors are... well, I will get to them later. There is most of a flathead engine, disassembled. I had the block bored out to (I think) 0.020 over, there are new Egge pistons, new Hastings rings, and the other original intenals. There are two intakes, one Offenhauser 3 carb, one Edelbrock 2 carb. I tossed the automatic trans years ago and have a ford 1953(?) 3-speed (disassembled, some new parts but probably needs syncros.), 7 wheels, 4 decent tires, a repop windshield, a couple radiators (untested), various boxes of miscellaneous stuff.
    The frame is mostly boxed except the front left (steer not finished. The frame lowered in the rear a couple inches, and subframe channeled on the frame again maybe 3 inches.
    Lots of commentary in the photos, and perhaps I will add more.
    This is really an OBO sale. I want the car to go to someone who genuinely appreciates it, but I also need to get it gone fairly soon. I'll never get anything like what I put into it, of course, but I am not giving it away either.

NOTE: AM TRYING TO INSERT MY ACTUAL GALLERY WITH MORE PHOTOS AND COMMENTARY, PLEASE BE PATIENT.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022