Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1930 Dodge 3w Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirty30Dodge, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

2. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

love the amish touch, ive done a bit of that and have a lot more to do on my 29 Dodge, great work!

3. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Thanks Mark LOL

4. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

I bought some Big Block Cheby Dual lake headers and modified them. I have no idea how it will sound. I still have to sand off the white and repaint them. I got the stainless steel header paint I am going to use on them. I want to run them first and see if my welds hold up lol this was a challenge to get all this put together and make it over the frame. I used the Header flanges from Hot Heads and pre bent pipes from speedway.

Attached Files:

oliver westlund likes this.
  5. hallrods

hallrods

Looks Great!

What kind of front suspension did you use?

6. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Thanks Hallrods

I have Dropped ford axle in front Pete and Jakes If I think. Speedway Radius rods. In the back I have a Halibrand with Suicidedoors 4 Link kit with Alden Eagle Coil overs.

7. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Set up the shock mounts and welded them on. I had it mocked up different but untll I actually had the shocks on it changed the best place for the headlights. So now instead of being in front of the shocks the headlights will be right above the shock tower.

Attached Files:

8. hallrods

hallrods

Looks great!!

9. Mopar or no car

subscribed!

10. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Whats new with this bad ass hot rod?

11. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Been working on the fuel system, and trans cooler lines, dip stick mounts, Pedals, Mounting the body to the frame. I have been trying to go through and get all the holes drilled before i take off the body. Then start welding up the frame stuff and get to cleaning and body work

12. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Progress pics

Attached Files:

13. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

very cool! cant wait to see how your bodywork goes, Im in the middle of my bodywork....knee deep in alligators lol

14. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Cool build!! I love early mopars. Hope to get one soon myself. I like your drivetrain setup. How are you finishing out the interior?

15. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Hey Mark I hope my body work doesnt wave back at me LOL

16. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Thanks Dustdevil! I am going to use the Marina blue paint and vinyl with some 50's cloth. I want to use a pin striped embroidery on the top half of the seat maybe a little on the door panels but not wanting to get busy with that. Lost of chrome on the dash and was thinking of chroming all the trim around the windows but not sure about the sun reflections with those chromed. I want to make a retractable top for it but my roof opening is tapered not square so still thinking of a clean looking way of doing that.

17. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Hey Nice art work on your blog dustdevil BTW

18. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

now thats freakin funny! I hope mine doesnt wave back either! lol

19. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Working on my pedals and my trans tunnel just not alot of room to work with. The column I picked out is really in the way and back when I was messing with cowl steering I couldnt get that to work at all because of the new dash and the channel and lack of experience so I am just rolling with this set up Double Bass Drum style. Its actually easier to hit the brake pedal going around the column with the other drum pedal then just having a pad. Well it seemed that way when I was making engine and driving sounds. Ha will see in real traffic anyways lol

Attached Files:

20. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Working on my Home Made Patch panel while using my Amish Patch Panel Jig so far so good.

Attached Files:

21. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Looking good!! Im knee deep into my bodywork making patch panels, I think my Dodge will be a giant patch panel!

22. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Thanks I understand that! I refabed the tail below the trunk lid and about 3 inches of the bottom along both sides.

23. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

I had to do a bit more than 3 inches and door jamb bottoms, I think the doors are supposed to overlap, but I thought it looked better with a jamb

[​IMG]

24. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

That front part of the jam I have to refab it also. I should have done more back when I did my rockers. I may not have gone far enough up the body. but its pretty solid though You did a nice job there better then I did. The door is suppose to fit flush to the body when closednot over lap well at least on my 30 it does. Nice floor works also !

25. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

I only got these tail lights cut out and mounted so far today and some more hhmm an and haw en. Lol 50 51 Buick Road Masters with glass lenses. Well these are plastic I have glass but going to switch out last.

Attached Files:

26. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

27. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

Thanks Jerry!

28. This is kinda cool. Neat to see something different. Couple things popped into my head looking at this thread and maybe you thought of them too. Grille shell would look good with that lower lip trimmed off and rolled under a little and the top back corners of the doors would look neat rounded a bit instead of so square. Just my 2 pennies worth. Love hemi's!

29. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Thanks Curbspeed! I wanted to trim the bottom of the grill shell but the stainless insert goes down to far! I am sure rounding the corners would look good but maybe to much like a Ford. I like the Fords dont get me wrong LOL

30. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Its been a Black and Decker Day Still trying to maximize my cab space I read "keep" t bucket seat build and Chris Casneys seat builds for roadster I think so I transfered the ideas over to my coupe. My original seat is to high and I could use the extra 3 inches or so in width I am gaining and I am going to utalize the webbing to sit into the seat more which should give me more head room and leg room.
    I ordered webbing and probably foam from I have to figure out what pound foams to use see how the webbing feels first

www.diyupholsterysupply.com

Keep T Bucket
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?do=discuss&discussionid=21768
    Chris Casneys
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171371

Thanks Guys for posting this

Attached Files: