Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1930 AV8 coupe build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by olskool34, Oct 30, 2012.

1. olskool34

olskool34

Well , I guess an update is in order for this one and it is on a sad note, I sold the A-v8. A fellow from a few towns nearby gave me a very reasonable offer for it and I took it. It hadn't been worked on for a few months and motivation just kinda stopped. I DID pick up something though and I will post it up soon. Only thing I can say is it has 46k original miles, original paint and interior. It is also pre-war.

2. VanHook

VanHook

I was looking at your firewall recess which I am copying what you did on my coupe. I was wandering how you took the slight bend out of the center piece with the bead rolling in it, or did you leave that bend in it? It looks flat in the photos. Thanks! Chad

3. hotrod.heaven

hotrod.heaven

looks like its gonna be bitchin! keep up the good work.

4. olskool34

olskool34

I did take the bend out. Just laid it down on some wood and gently pushed it flat.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. VanHook

VanHook

Cool, I am in the process of cutting everything apart. I was not sure if the bend would come out since it has the beads in it. Awesome thanks so much for the info!
    Chad