Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1929 Roadster Pickup Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salt Flats Speed Shop, Jan 14, 2011.

1. linkstar69

linkstar69

Rounded up seems give an almost factory look to it and that really appeals to me.

2. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

I think you're right, taking the belt line all the way around would make it look more finished. Beautiful work.

3. daddio211

daddio211

Has anyone else noticed that Chris asks our opinion on things when he has more ability, skill and taste than all of us wrapped up together? I think he does it to make us feel involved, lol. We all know that whatever he does we'll all love it!

4. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

lol.... true

5. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

We got the hood straps made and mounted on the car. Got the kit from Lime Works, and I have to say they are top quality!

Also got the corners welded on, and mostly finished out. Just a little more work and its all done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JoJo O.

JoJo O.

Looking awesome man keep up the spectacular work! I like the corners rounded up also..

7. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I got the Sellers Equipped Windshield frame today. I have to say it is absolutely' a work of art. 100% perfect!!! Plus we got it in only 4 days from when he got the check. I'm in the process of getting it fitted to the body. But it totally changed the look of the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  8. PHQ2

PHQ2

All I have to say is....WOW! Only thread ever I clicked and saved the pictures!:D

9. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Chris, Is the tank fitted to mount between the frame "Z" and the back of the body ? If so, I have a dead space in the same area. I was thinking about usin it for a mini trunk for a simple tool bag and repair kit. I still wanted my tank to be mounted on top of the "Z". Love the look you came up with.

Dave

10. daddio211

daddio211

Then you should check out some of his other builds! :)

11. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I got some plexiglass cut for the windshield for now till we get actual glass cut. And I also made mounts for the tail lights, got them mounted, and finished off the rear of the frame so it looks like a bobbed original.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  12. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Man, This build is sure coming along great. Car has a great stance/look. Will stay tuned for more progress reports.

Dave

13. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Been working on the headers. Got them all tacked together.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. :)did I miss something, what are you using for steering. I'm doing a 1/4 eliptic front end too and I'm just trying to sort out the steering (cross steer RHD) just waiting to see what you are going to do:D

15. psyclesinc

psyclesinc

Very cool build!! I think if the back axle bells were flipped so the rear leaf spring would be in the front of the axle and the rear frame rails shortened it would really showcase that rear end and take the gap away from the back of the frame. But what do I know. AWESOME A+

16. Racrdad

Racrdad

Probably showing my lack of knowledge here but what are the brake lights off of? They look really good on there!

17. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

We are going to do the Schroeder side steering. Thats the only side steering box that I do. We did a reversed corvair side steering on my dads pickup, and its just been really hard to get all of the flex out of how you can mount the box. But with the schroeder box once their mounted its solid.

When this truck came to me they initially had it set up that way. But the guy at "last refuge" put the rear cross-member back way to far for that setup so the rear tires were almost completely behind the back of the cab. So we switched it back in front of the cross-member so the rear tires overlap the cab.

They are reproduction 37' ford taillights. You can get them from a few guys, I believe Sacramento vintage ford carries them.

18. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

beautiful...great choice for the windsheild

19. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Ive been working on designing the brackets that will hold the schroeder steering. Once they are designed I can get them waterjet cut.

[​IMG]

20. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Beautiful work

21. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I got the steering box mocked up today. Everything is ligning up great. So now I can send the designs of the brackets out to get cut.

Also got the steering wheel mocked up. Its one from Allen Johnson's shop. Absolutly a beautiful piece. He does a great job at making a machined piece look cast.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. kram

kram

I saw this at the uvu swap/show. It was really impressive seeing it in person!

23. Iron Crank

Iron Crank

All hands. Chris' spectacular project needs an art deco instrument cluster to restore. Think big and funky to fill the center of that dash. Any leads really appreciated!!

24. Fellas, please explain to me how ALL the F'ugly steering wheels show up in those "show rodz"??? WTF?? AND I am sure those "check book builders" payed heavy duty $$ for some P.O.C billet flame steering wheel. Look at how beautiful this wheel is. TOTALLY nails the "vibe" of the era. Love this build, am a subscriber. Very inspired. Thanks for sharing. :cool::cool:
    JT

25. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I got all the pieces cut out, and all mounted in place. Steering box is in the car, and now its just holding the column. I took some 2" tubing, and got one bearing that fits over the steering shaft and fits inside the tube. Then got one that fits over the end of the steering box, and fits inside the tube. That way I can mount to the 2" tube and nothing will bind up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. boones27t

boones27t
    from redding ca

what are the headlight pedestals from?

27. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

28. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

29. boones27t