I'll start off by giving a little background on myself. My earliest memories were sitting in the garage with my dad, and just about every memory after that. I have been around, and worked on cars my whole life, my dad and I had talked about building a hotrod for a long time when the big "ratrod" craze hit (please forgive me for the use of the word). So about two years ago my dad bought a handmade 29' Chevy truck cab and bed and we went to work. Long story short I fell in love and over this year's winter I set to work on my own. But the price of the four doors was so much more appealing than the big $$ that would have been paid for a two door, especially for an 18-year-old working part time. So I decided to make a two door. So here is what I started with, very solid, and really no pitting in the metal. So I took it down to the concrete out side of the basement which was the most level and flat place at the house, so that I could brace the body and have a base stable enough to move the body around when my parents needed it out of the way. Here I just used 1x1 and welded it to the most solid points I could find, I'm sure there are much better ways to do this but I had a slim budget and this is what I managed to come up with. The red marked sections are what was cut out of the body, I had to obviously remove the rear hinges and I don't remember exactly but probably around 5" out of the length of the door. after removing the length out of the door I welded it back together, BUT you will need to save what you cut out for later. So here you can see the length of the door has been cut out and the door has been welded back together. I tacked it back in where it was going to be and you can probably start to see where I am going to use the section that I cut out of the door. Here you can see where the hole was filled where the hinges used to be. The section that I cut out of the door was really handy here because it already had the body lines in it. At this point the hard part is over and all that was left to do is bring the gap in between the front door and where the door jamb would now be, you can see that in the photo above. I didn't take any pictures of this but I measured how much I needed to shorten the "roof" (really just two rails of sheet metal) to take the gap away in-between the door and body. There was a lot of lead that was used to seam the different pieces together from the factory and I cut that out the best I could for strength and weight. The discolored part of the roof is the lead, and that is what I removed. And here is the finished product, with a 5" chop.