Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1929 Model "A" Gut Check

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RustBucket49, Dec 11, 2008.

1. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Don't give up on the motor until you have looked inside. Piston rings might just be stuck to the walls, and even if you have to destroy the pistons by busting them out(after disconnecting all of the bottom end rods and crankshaft) the block might be boreable and if not, sleevable.

2. Build a proper Touring out of it, fendered and all. Go search JimA's Early Times threads.

3. During the war many cars were turned into pickups. You had more fuel rations since trucks could contribute more to the war effort.

4. 53Chief

53Chief

Yes, people would modify them back then too for the gas

5. Just to give you a starting point. I just bought this Truck in October this year and Paid $1,000.oo. It has Hyd. brakes and the motor turns freely. Nice un-molested all there Truck. Your Piece being it's Family should be 3-4 hundred if He's a good cousin.
    The Wizzard

Attached Files:

6. RustBucket49

RustBucket49
    from Texas

Wizzard, he's such a good cousin that he gave me a ticket for riding a dirt bike on the street back when I was like 14 years old. He was a DPS officer at the time and was stopped on the street talking to my dad. They flagged us down and chewed the fat w/ us for a little while and just when were about to drive off, he said "WAIT!!!! I got a present for ya..." and then handed us both tickets... I was pissed.

Anyhow, I offered him $250 a few days ago....

7. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

I know neither of these are 28/29 like that body but here are a couple examples of low budget modifieds, plus i think your body would make a real unique modified considering most are Model T's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]