Register now to get rid of these ads!

1929 Ford Sedan project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racerdaddy1, Apr 7, 2012.

1. racerdaddy1

racerdaddy1

I picked up a pretty solid 29 tudor this week. Just the body and a frame. The guy kept talking about it being a deuce chassis. I realize thats a 1932, but whats the purpose of using those versus the model A frame? This is my first project on a model A so I have a great deal to learn. Pictures will follow tonight.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The two main reasons are that it is considered to be quite a bit stronger than the A frame and most guys believe that it is a hell of a lot better looking. And if you don't like the 32 frame under that body I'm first in line to make an offer on it;)

To me a 29 Body on Deuce rails spells hot rod when they are done right.

3. PinHead

PinHead

The 32 frame does look a lot nicer than the model A frame, although I'm sure you know they're not a direct fit. For those who don't know, the bottom of a model A body is flat, and a deuce frame has a slight curve to it, so most guys channel the front of the frame into the firewall a bit.