Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1929 Ford Model A (AA) Closed Cab/Extended Cab Project

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by RodGuyinCO, Apr 21, 2018.

1. City: Grand Junction

State: Colorado
    Price: $5000 neg
    I'm busy with other projects and realize I may never finish this... I've put a lot of work into it and it's almost a roller, plus it has a clean CO title. This is a nice package that has lots of work done and needs someone to finish up the concept...

This project started as a 1929 Ford Model AA truck. I completely stripped the frame, removed most of the rivets, kept the frame rails and tacked it back together with a So Cal Speed front crossmember. I extended the subrails and bought new rear cab sheet metal to modify and start the build. Most of the pix are just mock ups that gave me a (very) rough idea of what I wanted to do for this project.
    Front end is Super Bell 4" dropped axle with 1" reversed eye spring, Curtis style hairpins with batwings (and rear mount kit). Front brake setup is from a 55 Ford F100. Many other misc parts you can see for yourself. I'm also including the steering box from the same 55 Ford F-100 that goes with the package (as well as the original Model A box).
    I'm also including lots of repair sheet metal such as: Full cowl panels, lower door skins, inner/lower door frames, steel 30-31 visor, and a whole bunch of other stuff you don't see in the pix here.
    Also included is the Speedway rear ladder bar kit, Watts link kit, Carolina Custom complete bear claw style latch kit and heaven only knows what else. The bed shown is from a 66 Ford that was going to be cut, shortened, etc to match the cab after a nice chop.
    Also included are new wood door/cab pillars. I used these as a pattern and took them to the local metal shop and used them as a pattern to have 1/8" steel pieces water jet cut that I was going to weld together to make steel pillars (also included).

(UPDATE as of 5-22-18): For the record, I did a rough estimate of all the sheet metal and other parts (some listed in the ad and some not) and I have way over $5000 invested in parts alone...not counting the original purchase price of the truck, the sandblasting, powder coating, custom steel post kit, steering box, front brake assy along with another couple hundred in "small parts" (door handles, screws, etc).

Other parts available separately (or negotiable with the deal if you want a package) is a newly rebuilt 56 Chevy 265 with a 4 bbl manifold (over $3000 in it) and a rebuilt Carter WCFB. I also have a rebuilt Borg-Warner T5 from a 84 S-10 to go along with it. Possibly available soon is a Dana 60 semi float rear with posi and 4:10 gearing with the spring perches already removed to be ready for the ladder bar setup.

Basically you have just about everything you need to put together a nice truck in one place with a lot of the ground work already done...assembly required:D;).

Sorry the pix aren't that great since I hadn't really planned on selling it. If you need specific pix, let me know. If I get someone that's particularly serious, I'll try to find all the pieces in one place and take some other pix when I get the time.
    Car pix 436.JPG Car pix 355.JPG Car pix 356.JPG
    Car pix 320.JPG Car pix 321.JPG Car pix 323.JPG
    Car pix 342.JPG Car pix 344.JPG Car pix 347.JPG
    Car pix 435.JPG Car pix 429.JPG Car pix 476.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. BTTT...
    Please don't make me finish this. I have enough to do...:p