Register now to get rid of these ads!

1928 Model A High-Boy Build Thread, Finally

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jer11ren, Jun 8, 2010.

1. jer11ren

jer11ren

I finally bit the bullet and installed a Rochester Tripower this week. Had I known 5 years ago what I know now I wouldn't have wasted so much $ on carbs and intakes for 4 barrels. I've only put about 10 miles on her, but with the conversion kits in the end carbs it seems to run flawless. Actually seems better than the 500 carbs I had run and looks 10x better. I justified this by the fact that the 283 has been smoking and burning oil like crazy so I thought if I'm going to check for an intake gasket leak I had might as well upgrade. Bad news is, the lil motor is still smoking on acceleration after it gets hot. Both sides...

Attached Files:

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I really like your rod. But I also liked the look of the old engine in there, too. Either way, nice job! Gary

3. jer11ren

jer11ren

Gary, thanks for the compliment. I just like to change things for the sake of changing sometimes...keeps me out of trouble.

4. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Very cool car, nice job!

5. jer11ren

jer11ren

Just an update to the build thread. After entering in the Roundup, I had the crazy idea to go ahead and try to paint the car. Well three weeks of thrashing and I have my first ever paint job. Lots of work, but I learned as I went and I think it turned out great. I also switched out the radials for some Firestones and mounted an odyssey battery under the dash. Thanks again for all of the compliments and advice, I may have turned the wrenches, but the HAMB built this car. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395029196.060585.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395029215.770665.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1395029229.825587.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. silversink

silversink

great looking job---I can only hope mine turns out half that good.

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Looks great and glad you changed the tires...

8. chuxx

chuxx

I admire your work, sir. From my figuring, you've been working for close to seven years, buying tools, learning how to use them, improving and refining along the way. I salute your stick to it - ness and your wife and mother in law for pitching in along the way.

You got it going on.