Register now to get rid of these ads!

1928 Ford Roadster - seat opinions needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lamaison, Aug 21, 2012.

1. lamaison

lamaison
    from Canada

Putting together a 1928 Roadster - SBC, dropped I-beam front, 9" rear, basically stock body (full fendered, hood, bumpers, etc.), 1935 wire wheels (rears widened). Hopefully going to be a very nice driver, not a show car.

Decision time is at hand for seats. The vast majority of this type of car seem to have bench seats which I'm not particularly keen on - lots of them look great, but lots of them are also very uncomfortable and most seem to be built right in with no adjustments. So I pretty much decided I'd go for buckets. Spent day after day in the wrecking yards, tape measure in hand, looking for something that might work - everything seemed to be too wide or too narrow, backs too tall, poor adjustment lever locations, hard to adapt mounting brackets, etc., etc., until I found these . The size is just about perfect, they were easy to mount, they're comfortable and easily adjusted and they have integral seat belt latches. The color and fabric could easily change by the time all is said and done.

Now to the reason for this post - I'd like opinions on what others think of them, how they look, are they out of place on a car like this? I don't want to hear that it's my car and I should do as I like - I'd just like to hear from as many of you as possible whether you think they look OK or you think they suck and look out of place and I should start looking again!! Thanks in advance for any and all opinions.

Attached Files:

2. You wanted opinions..

I'd go bench seat, those look awful to me. I'd also change the column and steering wheel..

3. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

They suck IMHO...ditto on steering column

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I don't like badmouthing someones choices, but...lose the seats and the column. If you want buckets, I think something along the lines of 1960's Triumph TR-2 or -3 seats...small sports car stuff. just my 2 cents

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. I put a bench in mine. Yours look a bit over sized

6. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

I think they suck also. The other problem is they take away too much leg room. I guess if your short that's not a concern.

7. i'd use the stock bench seat and seat riser