Register now to get rid of these ads!

1928 Dodge Brothers Vin location?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sweetrod, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Sweetrod

Sweetrod
    from Las Vegas

I have a 1928 Dodge Brothers 4 door Sedan with a Fisher body and was wondering if anyone out there knows where they stamped the Vin on the body and or the frame. There are numbers (D6243) stamped on the right front engine cowl but they don't mach anything on my title. I've been told they stamp the body on the inside but I can't seem to find anything anywhere. I want to get this right before I take it to DMV and open a can of worms trying to title it here in Arizona. Looking forward to any information that I can get.

Attached Files:

2. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

serial numbers were located on a plate on the toe board near the steering column also stamped on the right front frame rail below the fender or near where the front right brake hose mounts to the frame if you don't have fenders.

3. The_Monster

The_Monster

Yea, I have a 27 dodge 4dr sedan, and I have no chassis, nor a toe board. Just a solid body. So Im not sure where theyd be located, but you have a title, thats a start! Good luck!

4. Ghost28

Ghost28

The 28 bodys for chevy not sure if they were a fisher body but the only place they had a serial # was on the seat frame. mine was long gone so I duplicated my title number to the frame and the a pillar but I had a detective from auto theft witness it...ghost

5. noboD

noboD

What he said.