Register now to get rid of these ads!

1928-29 Ford on a '32 frame using a '32 gas tank?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xadamx, Jul 20, 2010.

1. xadamx

xadamx

I searched a bit for pictures or any info on using a stock-style '32 gas tank in the '32 frame with a '28-29 body...didn't find much. Is this doable? Are there complications I should look out for? Does this look stupid? What came first...the egg or the chicken? Why is the sky blue? Where do babies come from?

If anyone has pictures and has done this, please share. Thanks a ton...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  2. Bass's coupe is a '28-'29 on a '32 frame. I think he just reworked his tank because it stuck out too far?

3. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I put my roadster on a 32 frame. It's a 31 but..you'll get the point. Here's a link to the build thread with pics....

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311375&page=2

There are lots of different ways to do it. Some guys eliminate the tailpan body bar under the panel below the decklid for more room. I've seen others put a kickdown in their rear frame horns so the tank drops lower on the A's body so you don't have to do body mods..etc.

I eliminated the tailpan bar and modified the bottoms of my quarters.

4. xadamx

xadamx

Looks great!

5. xadamx

xadamx

Anyone else...?

6. My guess , since you have not seen any pics, Is that it looks Stupid. I think it looks Stupid even with a 32 body. Just my .03