Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1927 T roadster door latches

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53 effie, Feb 12, 2016.

1. 53 effie

53 effie

I am collecting parts for a 1927 T roadster build and decided I wanted to put new latches in my doors instead of trying to free up the old ones and get them working. Plus my old ones have lots of wear on the part that slides back and forth engaging the striker on the pillar.

I looked at a couple different websites and bought new door latches from Snyder's. Their website said they fit 1926 and 1927 open cars. But I failed to compare the pictures with the latches they sold with the actual ones in my doors. When I got the new latches I discovered my latches are entirely different to the "square" ones they sent me. My latches look more like the 1928 Model A latches (without outside handles).

Does anyone know if the 1928 "A" latches are the same as the 1927 "T" latches? Or where to purchase the 1927 T roadster latches?

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Post pictures of what you have. Maybe you might not have what you think you do?
    You can also look at what's available on the Macs website.

3. 53 effie

53 effie

4. 53 effie

53 effie

The new latch is "square" and doesn't go up under the inner panel where you see the screw above. That screw is one of the four that attach the latch to the door.
    I talked to a guy at Snyder's. He said he'd heard of the latch like mine. Called it a pyramid but they don't have them. I've looked online and the 1928 Model A open cars have a similar look but use a knob on the top of the lever. I'm ok with that if the latch is the same.
    Yeah, I just looked at Mac's and don't see one like I have. They have the ones like I am returning. Mac part # T5679CX