Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1927 Model T Tudor hood on a 1928 29 Grille shell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41rodderz, Mar 19, 2018.

1. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Ok. I just bought a 1927 Model T Tudor and it has a really nice 30s Ford grille but no hood and I want to change it to a 1928/29 Model A grille . I have searched but did not find any info. regarding using a 27 T hood with a 28/29 grille or would a 28/29 hood work with the 27 cowl. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

2. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Firstly you would need to check the length of the engine bay to ensure a hood would just drop right in length wise.
    However, even if that was the case the end shapes as you can obviously see ate going to be quite different at the ends.
    How about considering the use of a half hood, which really means just making a top panel between the cowl shape to the grille shell you settle on.
    There will be threads here on that subject and how to make one.
    I guess the key is not to actually search too hard for the combination you are suggesting, but just seek a hood for a model A or T.
    There will also be some YouTube stuff out there also I am guessing on how to...

If you seek help on such a subject it is always advisable to offer some pic's of your predicament to attract better quality responses...

3. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Much appreciated. Just wanted to know if anyone had a similar situation to figure out weather a T or A hood would work as an option. I may have to get the sheet metal and hammer out. Thanks for replying

4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA