Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1927 Lake Modified T

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by sbf001, Dec 3, 2022.

1. sbf001

sbf001
    from New York

tempImageUyY2Qp.png Picked up a 1927 T lakes modified car from online auction with no description and very vague photos. After taking delivery of the car and cleaning it up, I found some old school pin striping and a lot of traditional parts. I will be giving the car a mechanical restoration but leaving body as is. Heres a few photos of the car from pick up and after washing. View attachment 5586202 tempImageXUkx41.png tempImage4GPBIt.png tempImageTDC3bN.png View attachment 5586205 tempImageDwLoiS.png tempImage3V47pZ.png tempImageYWnAwy.png tempImagepVJGQP.png tempImagemE74VR.png

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    Rocket88NZ, brEad, clem and 15 others like this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Seems like an awefuly nice car to be that filthy when it showed up. I’d be watching for flood damage.

very cool hot rod though! Hope it treats you well

3. sbf001

sbf001
    from New York

That was the photo when it was picked up, dirt lot and alot of traffic made it very dusty

Outback and Tim like this.
  4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

It just looks like the photos of complete cars sitting outside in a lot after being in a hurricane etc and being “totaled” by insurance. You said everything was vague and low on info so figured it was worth suggesting so you can look out for red flags when exploring your new purchase.

keep us updated I’d love to see more of it!

Outback, Tman and Stogy like this.

5. Good call Tim, looks like a flood car for sure with that amount of corrosion and the sediment stuck to the steering column etc............reminds me of when we flooded out in 07 right before the HAMB drags. Storage unit, not the shop

Outback likes this.
  6. AccurateMike

AccurateMike

I like the car ! Maybe just a dirt floor barn with a leaky roof. You can achieve pretty much the same look. Mike

sbf001 likes this.
  7. sbf001

sbf001
    from New York

Its a 95 year old hot rod body its probably been wet more than once. I probably got wet sitting at the lot with no top getting rained on for weeks. A dirt lot with the amount of traffic with loaders. I bet most of the people here would have bought it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    clem likes this.
  8. I'd change out the fluids and drive it. Fix it when it breaks. Jesus wept, it's a hotrod, and that's what you do with hotrods.

brEad, Packrat, 6sally6 and 3 others like this.
  9. sbf001

sbf001
    from New York

Thats the plan. give it a tune up and drive it

clem, alanp561 and Stogy like this.
  10. inthweedz

inthweedz

I don't think it's been in a flood, the radiator overflow bottle is showing only an inch of water, if flooded, it would be full, also, the speedo and tail-light are clear and don't have a high water mark or water /dusty haze inside the lense of either of them..
    I'm with sbf001, I think it's just been unloved for a while...
    I'd own it..

clem and oliver westlund like this.
  11. No, but just be aware of the work you may have ahead of you. The fasteners and such look like a car caught in a Bonneville flood. And the tin maybe 95 but the car looks like something built in the last couple decades.

It's a cool ride, deserves some love and attention.

sko_ford, Outback, A Boner and 2 others like this.
  12. Good for you. There really ain't that much there that could get seriously fucked up. Oh, and do it your way, not the Hamb's way.... will be way cheaper. This place has never met a wallet they don't mind opening.

13. Awesome, having a 1926 Modified, looking forward to what you do with this.

alanp561, Stogy and sbf001 like this.
  14. A Boner

A Boner

How about some pics from 10 feet away? Right now I have a vague idea of how the car looks.

Stogy likes this.
  15. sbf001

sbf001
    from New York

tempImageeXkQOw.png

Jacksmith, jimgoetz, charleyw and 4 others like this.
  16. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have fun with it...I keep mine indoors all year long and regardless of it's past experiences pumping some rustproofing in the doors and seams wouldn't hurt it and keep the dream alive till you can't drive anymore...

I'm sure my spotted bits of surface rusted areas will remain unperforated even beyond my time with it...some of it I will wire brush, sand and paint but I don't drive in the rain myself...we have similar weather so I'm sure like myself once the salt is down the Hotrods in the garage till late spring after a few rains wash the brine away...

I've never been to Bonneville but yeah it's certainly not friendly to our rides so again you're good to neutralize it regardless of where its been and treat it to some non lethal undercoat that seeps were the salt hangs out...competition for corrosion...and smile the miles away...

Outback, alanp561 and rusty valley like this.
  17. A Boner

A Boner

Nice looking modified!
    Pull the spark plugs and check for water in the cylinders.
    Wipe every square inch of the body and chassis down with a rag and Gibb’s oil…liberally spray Gibb’s oil in all the cracks and crevices.

18. BILL LUPIANO

BILL LUPIANO
    BANNED
    from Canada

Wasn't there pics of this car on the site a week or so ago?

19. sbf001

sbf001
    from New York

I posted it last week

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a nifty car with a lot going for it. It's history might be pretty interestering.
    I'm thinking that many of these guys have never seen a car that rode a bunch of miles in northern states on an open trailer in December.

21. BILL LUPIANO

BILL LUPIANO
    BANNED
    from Canada

Congrats and good luck with your new ride!

sbf001 likes this.
  22. A Boner

A Boner

23. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

So I’m wondering what the back half of the body is made of? My modified started as a touring and I cut the car in half. The front seat back became the back of the car. 478BEDAD-2810-48B9-BBBE-EF7B271AA5FC.jpeg

24. sbf001

sbf001
    from New York

I didn't build the car so not sure where they cut the car to make it into a tub

25. 2Blue2

2Blue2

The SCTA badge make ya wonder what it run back in the day.
    Very Cool!

26. BILL LUPIANO

BILL LUPIANO
    BANNED
    from Canada

That is kool R.R.!Saweeet.

27. Thats just a modern trinket that anyone can buy for 15 bucks. As I said, this looks like a neat ride that was put together in the last 20 years or so.
    Shop (scta-bni.org)

WiredSpider, sko_ford and Tim like this.
  28. sbf001

sbf001
    from New York

That link you provided the badge on my car does not look even close to that. Not claiming the car is a survivor from the 50s/60s was definitely built to be in that era, mostly 35/36 parts on the car. None of this new "ford licensed" aftermarket junk. Just old American junk lol

29. sbf001

sbf001
    from New York

Not sure when the car was built, but was definitely built to that era

Tman likes this.
  30. There have been other badges on the market over the years as well as unauthorized ones from various sources (moon comes to mind). Just used that one as an example. As I said, your car is cool and just needs some love. Got my wheels turning to use up some of my extra parts and build another 27.
    @2Blue2 , if the car had run in the past it would have had one of these on it.
    [​IMG]

Outback and brEad like this.