Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1927 Ford RPU - Project

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by wagoon78, Aug 26, 2014.

1. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

City: Wall

State: New Jersey
    Price: $ 5,000
    SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

Picked this project up over the winter and never got around to working on it. Found another car I need to have so this one is up for sale. The mockup is complete and details of the build can be found here. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/late-40s-26-t-rpu-build.820124/

NOW $ 5,000 without 97 carb or generator

Truck comes with a clear 1927 truck title.
    It has a running 1933 ford flathead v8. unknown internals.
    29 radiator and shell. radiator needs work and modification for flathead
    3 speed manual transmission and ford rear axle (believe the trans to be a 26 and rear to be a 32, but not positive)
    1930 Model a chassis
    Almost everything is mocked up. Chassis needs finish welding and fitting.
    Truck is a roller and does steers. No brakes. Needs master cylinder, brake lines, brake hardware and bad condition unknown. Rear backing plates and drums for hydraulic brakes not installed.
    Custom built dash
    Comes with steel patch panels for the cab corners. Needs rails under doors as well which I don't have.

Needs finish welding, brakes and a few other odds and ends to finish. The cross steer flexes the frame rails so I was planning to do a cowl steer. Came with a 32 intake, but I swapped it out for a 33 intake with 12V rebuilt generator. Will take more photos an make a list of all the extra parts that come with it and post by this weekend. Right now I have 34 17" wires and white walls on it, but have the 35 16" wires I could swap back on. Willing to negotiate on price based on what extra parts I can keep.

I am around most nights and all day on weekends. Stop by and make an offer. Willing to assist with shipping, but the cost to ship is on the buyer. Come take a look at it and make an offer. Shouldn't be too difficult to finish. Want to sell before the next car gets here. Need the garage space.

27 RPU.jpg
    27 RPU1.JPG $_3.JPG IMG_1721.JPG IMG_1462.JPG

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  2. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If paid in full can deliver to The Race of Gentlemen or Hershey. Need to sell as I have another car coming. Only reason for sale is I found a 30 roadster I love and only have a 2 car garage. Keeping my sedan so I need the room. Make offers.

IMG_3607.jpg IMG_3610.jpg IMG_3611.jpg IMG_3613.jpg IMG_3614.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  3. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is a video of the flathead running from before I got the car.

I am getting multiple requests to sell without the engine, so if anyone wants a running 21 stud flathead, make an offer. Will only split it up if I have both car and engine sold.

4. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lots of interest, but I still have it.

Come with cash and trailer and haul it away.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014

5. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

$5,000 firm without carb and generator. Last chance before it goes in storage.

6. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014