Register now to get rid of these ads!

1927-1930 Ford Roadsters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zumo, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Zumo

Zumo

I while back I did an illustration of a roadster and fell in love with the "style" of the car. What year model am I looking at?

[​IMG]

I am not Model A or Model T educated very well. Is it a 1930? I sort of don't like the back of the cockpit area of the 27-28, the way it goes up. Although this car looks pretty cool. I would cahnge the wheels and tires.

[​IMG]

What are the differences and are there other cars with a similar design? I am just curious because I ned to know what to look for.

Thanks fellas.

2. Brad S.

Brad S.

The illustration looks more like a 30-31.

The picture appears to be a 27 model on 32 rails maybe. I love theat car there. man.

3. Elrod

Elrod

Easiest way to tell.

1928-1929 had a cowl that indents on the side of the body. As in, the doors and the A piller is wider than the cowl sheet metal. (see the cowl)
    [​IMG]

1930-1931 The side of the car is "smooth" front to back. (again, see the difference in the cowl)

[​IMG]

Model As were 4 year production, split down the middle as the first two years (1928-1929) being more like the old Model T, and the last two years (1930-1931) being more like the 32. It was a push to be more streamlined.

4. Cad La Dave

Cad La Dave
    from CA

If you are going for all around comfort the 30-31 is where its at... Its a bit bigger in all dimensions compared to a 28-29 model a. The T is just tiny, but they were and are still some of the slipperiest cars on the salt...
    The "A V8" model a on a deuce frame is timeless.....

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I would say that your illustration looks like a heavily sectioned 30-31 Model "A" with a modified "T" Deck. The proportions of the car actually are a lot like Weesner's. Meaning the car looks like its actually smaller making the driver look bigger. The bottom rockers also look like they may be off a '32 Ford because they are curved to match the frame. Your illustration is channeled so I think that it's more apparent. I would love to see and drive that car if you ever build it my friend.

6. The car in the top picture is a 26/27 T body, on 32 rails, with a 32 grill shell and a custom built hood.

7. Zumo

Zumo

The original car was primer red with wire wheels. Anyone have info on that car? I can't find the original images I had.

8. This it?

Attached Files:

9. Looks like a 30/31 to me to...
    I got a 30/31 roadster in the classifieds right now.
    I'd gladly seller to ya...
    Come get it and make yer car-toon a reality...

10. That little car is kinda titties.

11. Zumo

Zumo

Yep, that's the one. I love that car.

What is the nose of that from?

12. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

37 chevy

13. Elrod

Elrod

And that isn't a roadster fyi. It looks like a cut down coupe body.