Register now to get rid of these ads!

1924 Progress Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellbilly_Buzzard, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

The plan was to have her ready for the Round-up, but do to employment concerns I had to stop her for a while. I really want to thank HRH for his welding ability, I don't trust my life on my ability on putting two pieces of metal together and the work HRH is amazing!!! http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44077

The car has a bit of hamb history. Crease and AntiChrysler were engineering college buddies of mine. And they both fit into the history. Crease found the body. And sold it to Chucklehead_Al. When Chucklehead_Al found his '31 truck body, he sold me the body. The engine was built by Antichrysler and sold to Barnett. Barnett then sold to Chucklehead_Al which was then bought by me.

2. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

second batch of pics

3. Crease

Crease

The car has a bit of hamb history. Crease and AntiChrysler were engineering college buddies of mine. And they both fit into the history. Crease found the body. And sold it to Chucklehead_Al. When Chucklehead_Al found his '31 truck body, he sold me the body. The engine was built by Antichrysler and sold to Barnett. Barnett then sold to Chucklehead_Al which was then bought by me.[/QUOTE]

Does this mean that Barnett and I are long lost brothers? I knew it!

She's coming along very nicely! I was at the shop last night and all the old timers were admiring the work. Unfortunately, Christian wasn't there. Christian is a really talented guy on many fronts, but his welding and fab ability is second to none in my book.

Mas pics buddy!

4. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

Being an engineer I am anal about precision, I put a angle meter on every part of the frame and body. The needle was dead on level. Corner to corner the frame measurements were dead on with the other. I took the time to find something wrong with it, and came up empty. HRH has done one hell of a job. There are somethings he welded, you wouldn't know unless we told you.

5. Crease

Crease

Never know how many Ts?

BTTT?

6. MattB

MattB

Looks good! What motor/tranny is that? Was the build cost(so far) pretty inexpensive? Are there doors or just welded up? I'm about to start collecting parts for a modified project myself as soon as I buy a house with a garage! Keep up the good work!

7. loogy

loogy

Thats a funny lookin' wheelie bar.

8. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

lookin' good..I like those straight 6's.

9. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

Its is a 235 straight 6 with a 4 speed Saginaw. There are doors and the latch on the driver side still works. I am about $2500 in to her and about another grand or grand and a half left to go to get her on the road. The only really big ticket items are the tires for the 19" wires and open drive conversion. I do plan on adding a quick change banjo in the near future.