Register now to get rid of these ads!

1924 Model T Vin Location ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55olds88, Mar 2, 2011.

1. 55olds88

55olds88

I'm thinking T's didn't even have a chassis number stamped on them, can any one confirm and if so where it might be ?

2. 41hemi

41hemi

My 24 T's serial number was the stamped engine number. To my knowledge Ford did not stamp Model T frames.

3. Crankhole

Crankhole

I believe they didnt start stamping the frame until '26 on the passenger side near the door.

4. 26-27 they stamped the frame beneath the passenger toe board on the top of the frame. I think this is the only 2 years of T they did this. Usually, your engine number was your serial number. Pat.

5. 55olds88

55olds88

thanks guys, by the looks the engine # matches up with the paperwork so all good.

6. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

If you got a new motor or short block the number was left blank and you were to re stamp it with the old number

7. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Yea the DMV and the police frown on cars that don't have vin #. I have a 27 T coupe and dread the day I try to get it titled and registered. I have been through this crap before getting a colorado assignd vin # but not with one that had no # at all on it.

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The serial on frame and lack thereof before late 1925 is documented on the MTFCA site, I think in the Model T encyclopedia section. The documentation might be helpful if you have to deal with a DMV employee or policeman younger than abot a hundred.

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Even though the frame is stamped on the later Ts the engines all have the numbers which were recognized universally as registration numbers as the frame stamp was UNDER the body just like the Model As.

10. 29pu

29pu

the earlier ones have the date the block was made cast into the left side.